Livewell in closed position filling with water?

My livewell is filling up with water in the closed position. I recently installed a new valve in the back also. Is there any reason why I just can't plug it? I can pump in and out water so I don't see why not unless it has something to do with recirculating water that I'm just not thinking about

2. Member
    Absolutely you can just use a plug. My 2013 Cougar did the same thing. I just never even closed the valve and it worked just fine.

That's how I ran my PIV!

4. Member
    Did you plug it on the livewell or on the outside?

5. Member
    I plugged it in the live well.

5/8 plug i believe, port side live well.
    At least thats where it is on my 2007 puma

7. Member
    The valve works like this . Turn the valve to open that lets the water out of the tank but lake water cant come in . Turn it to closed and lake water comes in but can't get out . Make sure before you put the boat in the water with the tank set to open . Water should not enter the wells . It's sound backwards but it not its all about the tanks not the boat .

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skennedy View Post
    The valve works like this . Turn the valve to open that lets the water out of the tank but lake water cant come in . Turn it to closed and lake water comes in but can't get out . Make sure before you put the boat in the water with the tank set to open . Water should not enter the wells . It's sound backwards but it not its all about the tanks not the boat .
    So glad this was explained. Completely diff from any other boat ive owned. Mine actually says closed and auto but i assume auto is the same as open?
    Paul