ZX250 boat cover issue

Guys,
    any guidance on what to do will be appreciated. I just purchased a 2017 ZX250 and a 900 dollar cover. I have an Ultrex 52" on the boat and of course the cover does not fit right. It seems the Ultrex isn't the issue it seems it's the 52" shaft. Cover must be made for a 45" shaft. I'm going to call Skeeter on Monday but not sure they will do anything
    2017 Skeeter ZX 250

2. Member
    Maybe try a good canvas shop and have them alter it to fit?
    Try to sell it and use the money to have another one made?
    I am sure there would be interest in it if you were to sell it.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgill6816 View Post
    Guys,
    any guidance on what to do will be appreciated. I just purchased a 2017 ZX250 and a 900 dollar cover. I have an Ultrex 52" on the boat and of course the cover does not fit right. It seems the Ultrex isn't the issue it seems it's the 52" shaft. Cover must be made for a 45" shaft. I'm going to call Skeeter on Monday but not sure they will do anything
    I have been down a similar road with Skeeter and can tell you from experience they are of no help at all. You need to go through your dealer for all your concerns/problems. So with that being said you have to hope your dealer will provide excellent customer service or your out of luck!

Skeeter likely had all those covers made at one time for cost savings. And likely before the ultrex came out. Maybe your dealer can help out.

5. Member
    I put a 52" fortrex on my 16 zx 250 the cover is very snug around the blades and the skeg but it does fit at least for a fortrex. If I have the motor lowered if I can remember I try to raise it up halfway before I load up and it's not so tight on the cover.

6. Member
    Pretty much same issue the cover fits very snug and i have to pull very hard to get the back corners over the sponson's. the issue i see is the T/M head will not fit into the small pocket made into the cover causing it to be short a couple of inches on the rear corner.
    2017 Skeeter ZX 250

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter_tzx View Post
    Skeeter likely had all those covers made at one time for cost savings. And likely before the ultrex came out. Maybe your dealer can help out.
    They build the covers in house one at a time. They don't offer a cover for the Ultrex because they don't offer that TM. If a 52" shaft came on the boat the cover was fit for that setup. If the Ultrex was added at dealership, I would discuss with them why they didn't inform you that your cover would no longer fit.