Banned

Bass Master Classic passengers

Who are the passengers that ride with the pros at the tournament?

those are marshalls. They are there to make sure the Anglers don't cheat, They also put in the estimated weights of the fish that are caught for the BassTrak. If they dont have a marshall in the boat they will have the camera crew for live. Anyone can sign up to ride along an marshall an event. It is a very neat program. FLW has co-Anglers BassMaster has Marshalls

3. Banned
    Thanks. Is this a paid or volunteer position? I'd suspect it's likely volunteer, do they get something for it? Seems to me it would be a bit boring...I don't think I could handle watching someone fish all day without having the urge to throw a line in myself.

4. Banned
    Looks like they paid $500 for the privilege of riding, so it's not volunteer.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by d'Wayne View Post
    Looks like they paid $500 for the privilege of riding, so it's not volunteer.

Wow! $500...what's in it for them? Is it just the experience?

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rob0225 View Post
    I think they may get some swag.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rob0225 View Post
    About three years ago, I was a Marshall for two days in one of the regular Elite Series events. . . yes there is a fee for being a Marshall, however for the return on your investment, it's more than "just the experience." In my opinion, if you're an avid bass fisherman, spending a full day or days in the boat with some of the best in the business is well worth the cost of admission. I cannot speak for the all the Elite Pro's, however the two Elite Pro's that I spent time with were extremely willing to share in detail; information about their equipment, specific techniques, boat position/handling, fishing locations, etc., and any other questions that I asked them... just an outstanding experience !!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stykbowslim View Post
    About three years ago, I was a Marshall for two days in one of the regular Elite Series events. . . yes there is a fee for being a Marshall, however for the return on your investment, it's more than "just the experience." In my opinion, if you're an avid bass fisherman, spending a full day or days in the boat with some of the best in the business is well worth the cost of admission. I cannot speak for the all the Elite Pro's, however the two Elite Pro's that I spent time with were extremely willing to share in detail; information about their equipment, specific techniques, boat position/handling, fishing locations, etc., and any other questions that I asked them... just an outstanding experience !!
    I'd really like to do this but have no idea the right way of going about it. Without much info I'd say there is a long line of people trying to be a Marshall? What's the process to get signed up? Fees? Sorry for all the questions but I wasn't aware that the marshalls were the general public. I was always under the assumption it was part of the elite series team

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Combs View Post
    I'd really like to do this but have no idea the right way of going about it. Without much info I'd say there is a long line of people trying to be a Marshall? What's the process to get signed up? Fees? Sorry for all the questions but I wasn't aware that the marshalls were the general public. I was always under the assumption it was part of the elite series team
    Info is all on Bassmasters, you sign up then wait to see if you're drawn out.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Combs View Post
    Not to highjack this thread, but you can register to be a Marshall, for the Elite tournament of your choice, on the Bassmaster website.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d'Wayne View Post
    Info is all on Bassmasters, you sign up then wait to see if you're drawn out.
    Thanks for the help!

12. Member
    I have been a Marshall in three different elite tournaments and will do it again if there is a tournament near me.

I recommend the experience to anyone who loves to fish. I have been in ten different boats with the pros. Each of them were just great to be around, and I learned some things that have helped to improve my fishing.

Check out the Bass master website for all necessary information.

13. CMO Reel Life Baits scottyisback44's Avatar
    My question is, whats if you have to use the bathroom?? I'm talking about a 10-200.... not a 10-100

I got an email from my bass club,they were wanting marshalls for the elite event in waddington ny.

15. Member
    Lol, I did not eat much the nights before. They would take you to bank or bathroom, they could not fish until you are back in the boat.
    Danny Head
    Hinton, Oklahoma
    2015 Ranger RT 188, Mercury 115 4 stroke

16. Member
    I marshaled on Kentucky Lake with KVD. Even taking a 10-100 can be interesting with 31 spectator boats.