anyone have experience with NFC HM blanks?

I'm planning to purchase a few of these blanks very soon. I have never felt them, so I'm concerned with action/taper. Let me explain the actions I'm looking for....

1. Something like a G.Loomis MBR843 or MBR844...in between would be perfect. Will be a dedicated texas rig rod. 7'-7'3" length.

2. Something with action similar to newer G.Loomis 855 rods. Will be a dedicated jig rod. 7'-7'3" length.

3. Something similar to old G.Loomis MBR783 action. Will be for weightless worms, flukes, senkos. 6'6"-6'9" length.

If anyone has any experience with these blanks, I'd like to hear your opinions/recommendations.

2. Member
    http://roddatabase.com/rods.php

Take a look at this link. Find the Loomis models you have listed, and then look through the NFC blanks and see which ones match up the closest. Compare load deflection (power) numbers, and also compare action (tip angles).

3. Member
    Thank you very much. This exactly the info I need.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogsticker View Post
    http://roddatabase.com/rods.php

Take a look at this link. Find the Loomis models you have listed, and then look through the NFC blanks and see which ones match up the closest. Compare load deflection (power) numbers, and also compare action (tip angles).
    Wow that is an amazing chart. Thanks for posting

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

5. Member
    On the ones I've built, the action runs slower than i like. Ive since been building on phenix ultra mbx blanks. Very crisp and has a very fast tip despite it being advertise as fast.
    99 Ranger 518dvx w 200 merc efi

6. Member
    Good info. I went ahead and order a few of the NFC blanks. I hope they aren't too soft in the tip, but for 50% off I had to give them a shot.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Hawg View Post
    Good info. I went ahead and order a few of the NFC blanks. I hope they aren't too soft in the tip, but for 50% off I had to give them a shot.
    Would you mind sharing where you purchased them for that price.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J4tune View Post
    Would you mind sharing where you purchased them for that price.
    Direct from NFC. To the OP - which blanks did you decide on?

9. Member
    I got 705 & 709 HMs, and a 708 IM.

10. Member
    I ordered the 809 which is there strongest rod in the mag bass series. I was afraid of the soft actions everyone complains about so I figured 8 ft gives me room to cut! I would like some feedback on the other blanks when they arrive fellas!

11. Member
    I will share my thoughts on them....if they ever arrive! Placed my order nearly a month ago, and I'm still waiting. Lol.