2000 225 ficht Emm setup

I just got another Emm along with the injectors from the same motor.
    My question is can I just install the Emm an the injectors onto my motor an not have too hook it too a computer to set the injectors? any advice would be really appreciated.
    The motor has been sitting since 04/05 I think,the Emm burnt up an I pulled it an put a different motor on boat.
    mo
    up
    Last edited by Bullred; 03-25-2017 at 06:46 AM.

2. Member
    The EMM just needs the injectors put in the same cylinder number they were in on the last motor. It's no different from what I did in switching my starboard EMM and injectors into my port motor and my Port EMM and injectors into my starboard motor.
    I am not a tech, just have worked on my 2004 225's evinrudes for the last 13 years.
    Formerly Gottwins (member since 2006)

IF the EMM and injectors were from a "blown up" motor, at least do NOT use the injector from the bad cylinder or any other damaged cylinders.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

4. Member
    The parts came from a motor that lost #2 leaned out he thought, my motor had a pin in the ring
    groove come out an caused my issue. Could I just take my injector an put it in the #2 hole an not use his injector that was in the cylinder that was lean on his motor. Or can his injector be checked by some kinda test by me before it's used.
    i guess their could be an issue with his Emm to cause it too lean out #2.( SUGGESTIONS PLEASE)

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    NO. You have to use the injector's coefficients installed into the EMM to ensure proper flow. So you need to use EV Diags to install the numbers. You can send your EMM and injectors to DFI and have them check the EMM and calibrate and test your FICHT injectors. They will then send your EMM and injectors back for installation in the specific cylinder. If his #2 cylinder leaned out chances are good it was his injector that caused it. Send along any injector to them from the Port bank.

6. Member
    So, I should send them the injector he sent me an also I should send one of mine from the same side of motor an send them the Emm so they can set it? Or just send all injectors an let them sort thru an get me 6 good one set to fit my motor? Hope all this made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullred View Post
    So, I should send them the injector he sent me an also I should send one of mine from the same side of motor an send them the Emm so they can set it? Or just send all injectors an let them sort thru an get me 6 good one set to fit my motor? Hope all this made sense.

Talk to DFI Technologies and do what they suggest.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAHORSE View Post
    Talk to DFI Technologies and do what they suggest.
    This!! ^^^^

9. Member
    Here's tha thing. I pulled up their sites Dfi an also Cdi. I would have over a 1000.00 dollars tied up. What will happen if I do nothing but install what I have an try to get the motor running? At this point I have 350.00 in a Emm 6 injectors an a stator an wiring
    harness. I don't really care to sink anymore into it. But I would like to hear it run again. What are my options? Thanks

10. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    The injectors have a coefficient that has to be plugged into the EMM. Without the correct numbers it is anybody's guess. Sorry it is just the nature of the beast, You just can't toss these parts onto a different block and hope for the best. If you want to go for it, by the time you're done you may very well have a brush pile anchor or at least a parts motor.

11. Member
    Dang fish probably wouldn't even hang around it.�� I will call them an have a chat with them. Thanks