Thread: down imaging?

down imaging?

so i have a helix 12 chirp si gps gen1 and a helix 10 di gps gen 1 . im wanting to put both graphs at bow. i would like to have have chirp 2d and di only. which transducer should i use?

2. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I am running one SI & one DI XDCR on my TM...

If you want both, either mount both or choose one over the other...

The H12SI does Chirp 2D and the dedicated DI comes from the H10DI, or punt and get a H10 Chirp DI G2N ...
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    I am running one SI & one DI XDCR on my TM...

If you want both, either mount both or choose one over the other...

The H12SI does Chirp 2D and the dedicated DI comes from the H10DI, or punt and get a H10 Chirp DI G2N ...
    so what would happen if i plug the di transducer from 10 into 12 and just run mapping on 10

4. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    You'd be running one of the SI channels into a "no load" situation which is bound to damage the transmitter output if used for any extended period.

You also will not get "correct" views doing it either.

I know there's info on HB's site talking about it and it's been done here experimentally as well as a few bass pros, but I do not recommend it.

Another option is a "pole mount" XDCR rig like "Da Ducer Apparatus"
    http://www.podunkideas.com/da-ducer-apparatusreg.html
    Or the Fishing Specialties Mount
    http://www.fishingspecialties.com/

That's why I said to decide which is more important to you; I didn't have a lot of joy rigging these two up - but it does whatever I choose to:

You can also choose one or the other and turn sonar OFF on one unit and use as a chart plotter too.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

5. Member
    Thanks so im starting to get some where. So if i got a helix 10 chirp di gn2 and mounted the di ducer on tm. do i just hook up the 12 chirp si to the network and use the 2d and di off of 10 in options menu?

next question is i have same 12 chirp si at console. how would i do that? crystal di/ si / 2d chirp

6. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ewailes82 View Post
    Thanks so im starting to get some where. So if i got a helix 10 chirp di gn2 and mounted the di ducer on tm. do i just hook up the 12 chirp si to the network and use the 2d and di off of 10 in options menu?

next question is i have same 12 chirp si at console. how would i do that? crystal di/ si / 2d chirp
    Yes, you should be able to do that with the most recent update.
    Scope out the sharing matrix here:

http://www.humminbird.com/Category/S...tSonarSharing/
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    You'd be running one of the SI channels into a "no load" situation which is bound to damage the transmitter output if used for any extended period.

You also will not get "correct" views doing it either.

I know there's info on HB's site talking about it and it's been done here experimentally as well as a few bass pros, but I do not recommend it.

Another option is a "pole mount" XDCR rig like "Da Ducer Apparatus"
    http://www.podunkideas.com/da-ducer-apparatusreg.html
    Or the Fishing Specialties Mount
    http://www.fishingspecialties.com/

That's why I said to decide which is more important to you; I didn't have a lot of joy rigging these two up - but it does whatever I choose to:

You can also choose one or the other and turn sonar OFF on one unit and use as a chart plotter too.

Dang Robert. You got some hydraulic lift assist for that TM? ��

Greg

8. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue76 View Post
    Dang Robert. You got some hydraulic lift assist for that TM? ��

Greg

No Greg, I just fish the ole 60" shaft up N down, old school with my rickety old bad back....

Really though, it probably only adds a few lbs. to the motor at most ~ the fabbed HDSI mount probably far outweighs the chunk of aluminum angle because of the brass inserts & canvas phenolic... I use Loon Outdoors' Stanley's Ice Off Paste on the shaft & that keeps it sliding well, in addition to keeping the shaft from freezing in the servo drive collar when it's brutal out too.

Heck, most of the time I either move constantly or when I change spots (if not a long run) I use the "Go To" function to get to a waypoint and will change my gear around en route or have a fresh drink of diet dew, take a break & chat with my crew....i-Pilot Link style.

I do this stuff to relax!!!!!!!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI