Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Skeeter Breach Turn 2017 Classic Commercials.

They show 3 in one commercial; although it's hard to tell how fast they are going when they do it. Design change, maybe?
    1990 Champion 184DC/FS
    1990 Evinrude 150XP Raker 22P
    2x HB Helix 9SI
    MK Ultrex 80# Ipilot

Here's some of Pat's input. There's more info, digging through the archive takes some time.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....Skeeter+breach
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"

3. Pat Goff
    They'll do a watered down turn at 55 mph. Watch exactly what they do because it is carefully choreographed and they will never exceed their abilities. Don Hancock is a smart guy and figured out how to give a somewhat impressive ride after he left champ.

They only do it with the very select team guys who have been carefully trained to follow the script exactly

It's still impressive if you've never been in a champ and it sells boats.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    It's saved my butt a few times.

5. Member
    They are fun to do in my 184 for sure! I just thought it was interesting that they showed it so many in there add. Almost looked like a selling point. It's definitely my emergency brake if need be, just gotta get my batteries in a tray so they stop shifting.
    1990 Champion 184DC/FS
    2x HB Helix 9SI
    MK Ultrex 80# Ipilot

Anyone got a link for the skeeter video.

7. Member
    I think you will have to watch the live feed tomorrow to see it.
    Last edited by druthomas; 03-24-2017 at 07:12 PM.
    1990 Champion 184DC/FS
    2x HB Helix 9SI
    MK Ultrex 80# Ipilot

8. Banned
    Pat have you ever done that in a BCB 20ft???? Its thrilling to say the least

9. Member
    It just played on bass live.
    1990 Champion 184DC/FS
    2x HB Helix 9SI
    MK Ultrex 80# Ipilot

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatPro View Post
    Pat have you ever done that in a BCB 20ft???? Its thrilling to say the least
    I have, but never at speed in my 20. When I moved to Cat I verified the hull was capable with the designer. They told me the AR water patrol was trained on the move and gave me an idea on how it was done in a Cat. You drive a Cat different than a Champ. I could toss my 18' Cat in a breech just like I could my 18' Champ. I practiced every summer when the water was warm. When I bought my first Champ they had you watch the video and I had a demo ride with a guy that wouldn't do it, but he walked me through the steps until I could do it. The Champ 181 was real easy to toss around. The 187 I had would "bite" more than the 181 and required more commitment.

You guys have great handling hulls. These days I am back in a flat bottom tin boat. Sliding around is NO PROBLEM.

Pat is correct as usual. No doubt Skeeter brought this back because just the thought of it sells boats. In reality the move at speed is violent and hurts like the dickens the next day for us older guys.

11. Pat Goff
    I'm not going to slam Skeeter, they are in business to sell boats, as many as possible to as many as they can. No sin whatsoever in that. I'd much rather applaud a company in trotting out their horse and letting it run than to depend on a TV ad, or some narcissistic pro telling me I have to buy what he's paid to run.

I've done the Skeeter demo ride a few times, both with Don Hancock and Phil Shmidt. Both are 1% boat pilots, and trust me, they gave me the ride right up to the edge. Again, IF I was coming out of a lemming wagon, or some other sled, it would be most impressive. BUT...you gotta pay close attention to exactly what they are doing to understand how exactly they achieve their results. Could I show an average driver one time their demo ride and expect them to duplicate it? Probably not, they are very exact at their speeds, very exact at their trim angles, and KNOW exactly what lines to not cross. That's the difference, you could let a knucklehead go spin around in a champ and know they're not going to be wearing a boat today. If you've ever been in a hull that can bow hook, or can hook a chine on a wave, you know when you're right there. Sorta like the feeling just before you blow out a prop, can't really describe it, but you know what's about to happen. Smart guys can take you right to that point and not exceed it.

Am I telling anyone here to go out and start doing breech stops? NO. It's a very violent maneuver and if nobody has shown you how, it's easy to break something or someone. Can i teach you easy enough? Absolutely.

Not a rant, just telling everyone to watch carefully, and understand how easy we are to be manipulated.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

12. Banned
    No doubt it's bad to be advertising that with all the young kids that have boats now. I gaurantee when I bought my first skeeter at the age of 20 I would have been trying that move had I seen it on tv.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    No doubt it's bad to be advertising that with all the young kids that have boats now. I gaurantee when I bought my first skeeter at the age of 20 I would have been trying that move had I seen it on tv.
    "I'm not saying lets go kill all the dumb people... I'm just saying lets remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out"
    Bowhunter
    2017 Alumacraft Competitor 205 Suzuki DF250, Suzuki 9.9 EFI Kicker, Garmin Network

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    "I'm not saying lets go kill all the dumb people... I'm just saying lets remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out"
    Unless they sort it out while your kid is with them...

15. Pat Goff
    I have a son in law that would have been taken out by natural selection a long time ago. Stupid labels.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmgoffjr View Post
    I have a son in law that would have been taken out by natural selection a long time ago. Stupid labels.
    Unfortunately, there are many like him nowadays.

17. Pat Goff
    True confession time, if you're offended. Well sorry.
    SIN, is dating daughter, which of course immediately means he's suspect, and start browsing wanted posters and alerts. He's a bonafide software writing geek. Goofy? Oh yeah. 3rd degree. Daughter says he really wants to go fishing, can I please take him? Of course, I'd be happy to. Rig him up with the most idiot-resistant way to catch a speckled trout in the world, mansfield cork with a jig head and plastic, you simply CANNOT do it wrong. Well, that would prove to be a false statement.

We pull up on a grass flat, mullet are jumping, shrimp are jumping, trout are everywhere. He's got the simplest rig, 6 1/2 spinning rod, 20# braid, half a spool so you don't/can't get wind knots, just see if you can make it thirty feet out. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.
    Here dude, put your finger here, swing the rod straight back like this, straighten your finger...got it? Nope. Nope. Nope..

Oh well, I catch our ten trout in literally fifteen minutes, he's yet to cast past the end of the rod. Nope Nope Nope. Ok dude, let's review. Nope. Nope.. He's pretty much a functional mute anyway, which for the most part is fine, he finally asks where the button is? That's what he's used before. We don't have buttons, we have functioning equipment. Your future wife can use this without problem, your future sister in law was using this when she was in diapers. Your mother in law can use this all day without issue, what's your disconnect? Mumble sputter cough. cough cough.

We run around the corner, there's a HERD of redfish, at least a couple hundred. Suicidal, they would have eaten a rubber dog turd. I cast, hook up. Throw it out there, anywhere. Splooch, splash, splooch I get mine in, in the box, throw out again, hook up immediately, here loser, want to reel it in? Ok Hand doofus the rod, fish gets his head and OF course he lets go of my rod. He was scared. I got it back, landed the fish, decided it was hopeless, and heck with him anyway. I catch the four more, we're limited out so let's go get them filleted and get to cooking.

All of this leads up to this moment. After the fish fry, everyone is trying to be social around the social misfit, when Daughter announced that he's really smart, genius actually, that he's got an IQ of 156 or something. I then told her they forgot a decimal point in the number, which immediately became his new name. DOT. And DOT it will forever be.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

They were doing it on the test rides at the Classic. I witnessed it. I was in the Jaguar with Phil Addison, we were cruising along about 40-45 and a Skeeter passes us with 3 people in it. Gets about 100 yards out and he made the turn. I told Phil don't do that with me in this boat. Water was very rough and I thought it was pretty stupid to do in 2-3 footers.

19. Pat Goff
    Three people???
    That's past stupid. What's the person in the middle have to hold onto other than the drivers throat?
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

Quote Originally Posted by pmgoffjr View Post
    Three people???
    That's past stupid. What's the person in the middle have to hold onto other than the drivers throat?
    That's what I would have been holding on to if I were in that boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast