What would a pitch change do for me?

I currently have a Raker 14-1/2 x 22 SS (3 blade) prop on the boat in my signature. The hole shot is good and I can slow down quite a bit without dropping off plane, but I get porpoiseing when trimming up and increasing speed around (35-40 mph) (3000-4000 rpm), then have to trim the nose down. My current prop has a few small nicks and probably should be reworked for cup etc.

I feel like the nose is too low and don't want to increase speed too much more for fear of bow hooking the boat. It may just be that I just am not comfortable driving a bass boat at speed, I don't know.
    I prefer to err on the side of caution at my age.
    I have the chance to buy a good Raker 24 pitch prop, and was wondering what it would do for my boat, would it help the porpoiseing problem, and what rpm changes should I expect? Thanks.
    1989 Hydra-Sports 17ft-6in. VS-150T
    Evinrude 150XP
    Hummingbird Electronics

2. Banned
    It depends on what rpm's you are turning the 22" Raker in relationship to your max rated rpm's of the engine. You can probably expect a 400 rpm loss by going up to a 24" Raker. To correct your porpoiseing issue you can try to run one of the high performance foils that are attached to your cavitation plate of your outboard.

3. Member
    I already have a whale tail foil on the motor, so no help there.
    1989 Hydra-Sports 17ft-6in. VS-150T
    Evinrude 150XP
    Hummingbird Electronics

You could try a 4-blade prop. Sometimes they will run slower without the porpiose. You might be able to turn a 22p Trophy, if they make them that small.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

5. Member
    Get your prop repaired to like new condition and the porpoise will stop.