Thread: LYNX!!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Gas tanks should be vented to the filler cap or there right beside it if you've got a closed compartment back there.
    There is a thread in the Triton forum about "how to get the gas smell out of your compartments" that has went on and on and on. My Triton vented by the gas cap and sadly also in both rod lockers. If you closed the lockers when it was parked in the garage you could choke on gas fumes when you open them. My Phoenix has an aluminum tank so zero issues. I've never heard of a Bass Cat with fume issues.

2. Banned
    Should have copied the console I made.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post

You made it, made it?

4. Member

You need to go to work for Basscat

Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    As for the ride, I have had a couple BCB's ( I stated that already above) They drive nice but they are not any better then the Skeeter.
    Okay. You obviously don't fish the same places I do.

6. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    You won't find mold moles and other flaws on a Bass Cat boat at a boat show. I know you can't say the same about a Skeeter.

Quote Originally Posted by jp71291 View Post
    Okay. You obviously don't fish the same places I do.
    X2 lol
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

8. Member
    Skeeter makes a nice boat. Good front deck. But its ride isn't close to a BCB. I have friends that own Skeeters that have rode and fished the Eyra I owned. They commented on how well the boat responded to the TM.
    They also spoke of the quality.
    As far as design and cosmetically appealing, that opinion will differ from person to person.
    The newer Skeeters are looking better. The older models I thought should have a mast and sail on it. The way the bow and pontoons were designed, it just looked like a sailboat without the mast.
    If you want a BCB with a more standard front deck set up, get a Cougar FTD. Pretty much the norm front deck.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

9. Member
    That is one ugly boat.

Nice work! Looks like you used a sportbike upper (maybe a CBR or GSXR, or even a Duc) and def used a m/c wind screen. Looks really good and again I love the channel for rod tips but it wouldnt fit bigger electronics. Could be modded though obviously if you made it that nice to begin with! Interested in the process you used if you dont mind saying, might like one of those for my PII!
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

11. Member
    I told you before and I will say it again...I have had BCB'S and I have a new Skeeter now...you guys are delusional about how better a BCB rides. I get it you have a BCB so it's a better ride...lol pride is sometimes a foolish thing..also just like anything ride is subjective. Bottom line here is the Lynx is not for most.

12. Banned
    Is this the hybrid Champion hull???... Dan

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    Is this the hybrid Champion hull???... Dan
    No, that project has been sidelined from what I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    I told you before and I will say it again...I have had BCB'S and I have a new Skeeter now...you guys are delusional about how better a BCB rides. I get it you have a BCB so it's a better ride...lol pride is sometimes a foolish thing..also just like anything ride is subjective. Bottom line here is the Lynx is not for most.
    It has nothing to do with owning a BCB. There are a ton of brands that ride better.

15. Banned
    Friend of mine has a Pantera II and I was impressed with how well it rode. Seems to ride a little smoother than my 20'-6" TR-21.

Quote Originally Posted by 5-Dinks View Post
    Friend of mine has a Pantera II and I was impressed with how well it rode. Seems to ride a little smoother than my 20'-6" TR-21.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....846&highlight=

Quick story on PII ride quality
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    You made it, made it?
    Yeah here's the old these.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....260&highlight=

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post
    Nice work! Looks like you used a sportbike upper (maybe a CBR or GSXR, or even a Duc) and def used a m/c wind screen. Looks really good and again I love the channel for rod tips but it wouldnt fit bigger electronics. Could be modded though obviously if you made it that nice to begin with! Interested in the process you used if you dont mind saying, might like one of those for my PII!
    Yup started with a gsxr upper and chopped it up.

19. BBC SPONSOR
    Wow! This boat design is an ergonomic epic fail. It has so many problems that I am not sure where to begin. So lets start at the front and I'll hit the highlights.

-> Cup holder and switches on far side of trolling motor. This is stupid and will be even worse if a Minn Kota trolling motor is used due to the taller mount when stowed.
    -> Headlight (which in general is a good thing) designed such that it won't illuminate that drivers side in front of the boat.
    -> Trolling motor foot pedal made into the front console so that you can't stand immediately adjacent to it.
    -> Front deck layout is shockingly dumb. 98% of anglers will sit on their step to access and rig their tackle. On this boat you can't even open the center locker rod locker while sitting on the step due to the dual (and unnecessary) latches.
    -> The front cleats are angled and recessed in such a way that anything but a high tie up of the boat will cause the rope to rub the gelcoat.
    -> The step. I'll call it the Step of Death. The console floor of this boat is very low making the step up to the front deck very high. Why in the world would you put such a small and tall step in a bass boat. Then they angle the sides of it. Wow!
    -> Console. This just looks dumb. And why is there a cup holder in front of it? So that you forget about a near empty drink and it flies up and hits you in the face? So your lures get tangled in your drink? So you can't reach it while driving? Or d, all of the above.
    -> It looks like they forgot that there needed to be a spot for the Hot Foot. Either that or they want you to sit at an angle or use your left foot for the throttle.
    -> The passengers storage compartment extends way too far into the passengers' left leg. Plus the latch on it will be a major bitch on the side of the leg.
    -> Floor drain in the drivers area is in the middle of the floor. Hopefully it is sloped to drain there otherwise water will roll from edge to edge and not drain well.
    -> The center step/cooler cover with cup holder on it that requires removing of whats in them to gain access to cooler is dumb. Not as dumb as the cup holder in front of the windscreen, but still dumb.
    -> The side air and water intakes are dumb and well documented in this thread.
    -> Not sure I understand why the side storage in the rear deck has openings that cover part of the storage.
    -> The hinges for the rear compartment stick up and there are four of them. No reason for this. Trip hazard and hot as hell in the summer.
    -> Rear cleats are worse than the front and will guarantee rope wear of the gelcoat unless roped at a 45 degree upward angle.
    -> Rear facing air vent and water intake makes is dumb. Make the gas tanks right and venting like this won't be necessary.

Well that's the short list. Lots of other stuff that range from "I'm not sure why..." to "That makes no sense" to "that's just dumb."

Quote Originally Posted by pbird View Post
    Wow! This boat design is an ergonomic epic fail. It has so many problems that I am not sure where to begin. So lets start at the front and I'll hit the highlights.

-> Cup holder and switches on far side of trolling motor. This is stupid and will be even worse if a Minn Kota trolling motor is used due to the taller mount when stowed.
    -> Headlight (which in general is a good thing) designed such that it won't illuminate that drivers side in front of the boat.
    -> Trolling motor foot pedal made into the front console so that you can't stand immediately adjacent to it.
    -> Front deck layout is shockingly dumb. 98% of anglers will sit on their step to access and rig their tackle. On this boat you can't even open the center locker rod locker while sitting on the step due to the dual (and unnecessary) latches.
    -> The front cleats are angled and recessed in such a way that anything but a high tie up of the boat will cause the rope to rub the gelcoat.
    -> The step. I'll call it the Step of Death. The console floor of this boat is very low making the step up to the front deck very high. Why in the world would you put such a small and tall step in a bass boat. Then they angle the sides of it. Wow!
    -> Console. This just looks dumb. And why is there a cup holder in front of it? So that you forget about a near empty drink and it flies up and hits you in the face? So your lures get tangled in your drink? So you can't reach it while driving? Or d, all of the above.
    -> It looks like they forgot that there needed to be a spot for the Hot Foot. Either that or they want you to sit at an angle or use your left foot for the throttle.
    -> The passengers storage compartment extends way too far into the passengers' left leg. Plus the latch on it will be a major bitch on the side of the leg.
    -> Floor drain in the drivers area is in the middle of the floor. Hopefully it is sloped to drain there otherwise water will roll from edge to edge and not drain well.
    -> The center step/cooler cover with cup holder on it that requires removing of whats in them to gain access to cooler is dumb. Not as dumb as the cup holder in front of the windscreen, but still dumb.
    -> The side air and water intakes are dumb and well documented in this thread.
    -> Not sure I understand why the side storage in the rear deck has openings that cover part of the storage.
    -> The hinges for the rear compartment stick up and there are four of them. No reason for this. Trip hazard and hot as hell in the summer.
    -> Rear cleats are worse than the front and will guarantee rope wear of the gelcoat unless roped at a 45 degree upward angle.
    -> Rear facing air vent and water intake makes is dumb. Make the gas tanks right and venting like this won't be necessary.

Well that's the short list. Lots of other stuff that range from "I'm not sure why..." to "That makes no sense" to "that's just dumb."
    You are stating there is no reason for some things. As I posted earlier, there is a reason for everything. The cup holder in front of the console has been done on several models. It's not like there's not one next to you while driving. I use the one in front of mine to keep my baits when I cut them off. And while driving 83 mph I've never had one blow out. The hinges on the back are awesome and their is a reason for them. It's not a trip hazard at all and it allows me to take the lid off when I need to work on anything in the bilge. You can change a pump out on the water in no time and no lid in the way. Once again, there is a reason for everything on a Cat. Every inch is well thought out. Until you own/fish out of one then you wouldn't understand.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast