Watts bar/ Clinch river near 58 bridge looking for bass

Does anyone fish this area. I was thinking about going tomorrow i know there is usually grass just curious if there is a decent bass population way up there this time of year. Thanks

2. Member
    Yes, there are bass up there. I have caught them even further up closer to the dam. Look for small inlets with changing bank surfaces like rock to gravel and bluffs to a flat.
    2019 Skeeter ZX225

3. Member
    Best launch near there?

4. Member
    I just know of the one off the 95 below melton hill dam. There is also a good size creek just down past that big island is that any good or have any water in it this time of year?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish4fun24 View Post
    I just know of the one off the 95 below melton hill dam. There is also a good size creek just down past that big island is that any good or have any water in it this time of year?
    I have caught a few in that creek mainly on the stumps to the left when going in. Just across the river from there, is some big pipes are normally good for holding a few fish. There are several other spots on the same side up through there that are cuts and will normally hold some fish. I generally do best down there in late summer. Never tried it in the early spring myself.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB