Hammer Rods question

Anyone use a hammer rod for texas rigged soft plastics? If so which model? Curious about the softer action on these when throwing t-rigs. Unsure of going with mh or h. I usually have a 3/16 or 1/4oz tungsten weight on it. Also debating on just going with a cranking model also. Which model do u guys prefer for cranking?

7'3" Heavy should handle those weights + plastics nicely, I prefer the MH for unweighted soft plastics such as Senko's. Hopefully Gary can chime in as he has always been spot on with his recommendations.
    2008 Stratos 294 XL
    2008 Evinrude etec 200 HP H.O.

I agree, for T-rigs (normal weight) I like the Heavy Hammer 7'-7'3"
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

I've got a 7 foot heavy and a 7 foot extra heavy. The heavy action is perfect for normal Texas rigging.

5. Member
    If you go with a heavy you'll have no problem. The heavy model fishes almost like a MH-F, the rod is parabolic but it isn't soft, I have fast action rods that have softer tip sections. I got a 6'9" for big topwaters but it has really been awesome for chatterbaits and spinnerbaits and I've also used it to skip T-rigged Senkos under boat docks and overhangs and it works great for that as well. The surprising thing about the rod is the sensitivity, I never fished a rod with that kind of action that has that level of sensitivity, I'm not sure if it is the grip, guides, blank, or a combination of all of those but a heavy power model will work great for T-Riggs.