Transducer Location

2005 ZX225. Where do y'all put your transducers on the transom? I currently have a in hull transducer for 2d, but it didn't seem like it was working too well the other day. I'm upgrading the LSS1 which is currently placed inside the jackplate. Just looking for the best place on this boat to place new transducers. Any help appreciated, the less mistakes and holes I drill, the better!

2. Member
    I put both of mine on the jackplate

3. Member
    I have humminbird and also have it on the jack plate I have the sonar running threw hull and I'm about to change that because it's not very accurate with it going threw hull

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwp777 View Post
    I put both of mine on the jackplate
    Got a picture?

5. Member
    Jackplate is what I was considering heavily, if I can do it without big $ for the attachment. The LSS may just stay where it is, but sonar definitely needs to be on transom for better performance.

6. Member
    I don't but will try to snap a couple. there is a hole on each side close to the transom on the bottom and I bolted them up there.

CHECK OUT TRANSDUCER SHIELD AND SAVER. THEY MAKE A BRACKET TO ATTACH TO YOUR JACKPLATE AND ANOTHER TO FIT YOUR DUCER TO BOLT TO IT. BEEN USING THEM ON THREE BOATS NOW AND THEY ARE BULLET PROOF. DUCERS ARE EXPENSIVE THESE DAYS AND THIS PRODUCT IS THE BEST IVE FOUND. USE ONE ON THE TROLLING MOTOR AS WELL.
    2012 Skeeter FX20 250 SHO