Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

House hunting for bass boat owners...

Sucks... my wife and I are in the process of selling our house and buying in another state. Tons of gorgeous houses in our price range but seeing tons of 22 foot deep garages. That should be illegal lol, I realize not everybody owns a bass boat but you can still never have a garage to big. O-well I'm sure something will come available soon.

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

2. Member
    Where are you looking to move too?

I think the only solution for most is enough room to build a detached garage or a pole barn.

3. Banned
    Man, we went through the same damn thing last year. In the end we bought a house with a two car attached garage, and the thing is only 19.5' deep. I can't even fit my truck in there. lol The boat does fit, but she's almost sideways.

We're going to built a detached shop in the back for boat and toys.

And if you think finding a place for a boat is bad, try finding one to park your 30' travel trailer as well. lol We lucked out in that regard, even has full hook ups for it.

Heck, house hunting for truck owners is getting harder and harder much less boat owners. Most garages now will barely fit a full size truck anymore. Our three car garage fits my wife's small crossover, my truck and a 4 wheeler and it is TIGHT, there's no way you could get three cars in there.

5. Banned
    I have the same problem. Im having a bump out built in the back of my garage that allows my motor to fit in. Something you may want to consider

6. Member
    I have a builder who uses all of his corner lots with a three car garage with the 3rd car stall the full depth of the house. Usually about 48 to 52 ft deep. He puts a 10X8 garage door on both the front and back with a driveway going to the side street also. You will never have to unhook the boat from the truck. They seem to sell pretty quick also never seen one sit for very long.
    John the Garage Doorman

7. Member
    Well, if you are moving to the Knoxville, TN area I have one with a 32 ft deep garage that is about to go on the market. I even had it built with an 18 ft wide x 8 ft tall door. No need to lower the power poles!

When we were house shopping the garage was a major selling point to me. It HAD to be big enough. Found one with a 24x26 garage with an 18' door. I don't even have to take the transom saver off. It's nice

9. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    When my wife and I were looking last year the main requirements were room/facilities for the horses and a garage big enough for a boat. Got lucky pretty quick, she has a 5 stall bar and enough room for her horses. I have a 31 foot deep garage which fits my boat and truck side by side.

They are out there just a lot of looking....

10. Banned
    We did find one house that we fell in love with. 2 car attached that was 25' deep, 2 car detached that was drive through with an 18x9 door, RV parking and hook ups, beautiful house and property. The only caveat, no damn internet. Well, the only service available was 1.5 mbps DSL. I work from home in I.T., that just wasn't going to work. Local cable company wanted $80k to bring services to the neighborhood.

My realtor was like "wtf, are you kidding me?" when I told them we wouldn't buy it because there was horrible internet service. lol

11. Banned
    Title of this thread should be garage hunting. If the boat don't fit it ain't gonna work.

12. Member
    realtor.com has the ability to search by garage size and I find it helpful to search for properties that have 3+ car garages. It weeds a lot of the 1.5 car garage houses that are listed as "2 car", but you'll still get a some 2 car garages that realtors somehow consider "3 car". I find it helps from looking a bunch of places only to find out the garage stinks.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

13. Member
    You better plan on an additional $20k to have one built I am in process of building an additional 14x30' on my house.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

14. Member
    I'm having the same problem. I can't even find a house with a yard laid out correctly to build a decent sized garage. Most attached garages aren't big enough and those that I found with detached garages still aren't big enough. Why do people build small detached garages? LOL

15. Member
    In the process myself, signed last night. new garage will be 30 foot deep, just for the boat.. and if you live in cali my current house is going up Saturday, 8 min from Orwood ramp, 15min Franks Track..

Glad to see I'm not the only one... moving to upstate NY, 1000 islands area.

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

17. Banned
    we just built a new house and had the option to add 8 foot to the garage. gives us 26 foot total which is just big enough to fit the boat if i ever want to

18. Member
    Try house hunting in Colorado. Unless you're willing to spend $750k+, you won't get a garage deeper than 20' on a lot no bigger than a postage stamp. Good luck.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ohbass17 View Post
    I have the same problem. Im having a bump out built in the back of my garage that allows my motor to fit in. Something you may want to consider
    Find you a nice size lot and build.

You might look into building one. You can get it all the way you really would like it. We built one and really liked it a lot. Haven't found one we like to purchase since we moved and are looking at building a new one. I think it is the only way to get one like you really want. Just thought I would throw that out there.
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast