Garmin Striker 7sv

Hello, how is this unit working for those who have it?

I have read that the unit does not save your setting, is this true?

Any problems with yours?

I don't need mapping or even GPS, I just need good quality sonar....

Thanks for any info

2. Member
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Excellent, thanks
    Its a bit confusing why are only some of the setting saved???

Teah. That would be unacceptable to me. Are the engineers in these companies that stupid? Do they not fish?

So what settings stay set and what ones change?

It looks like range and brightness change to auto for some reason, but why?

6. Member
    The what part I can sometimes answer. The why part? No clue.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

The what part I can sometimes answer. The why part? No clue.
    How do you like the unit?

8. Member
    I like it a lot. It's a lot of bang for the buck. However, I used mine with the GT52 not the CV52. The 2d and SideVu should be the same. The ClearVu - Well that a big controversy going on right now on this board.

The big plus is the 2d chirp. It's really good. The biggest drawback to the Strikers is no memory slot for screenshots and no ethernet for connecting multiple units for sharing sonar.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 03-25-2017 at 10:09 PM.

I like it a lot. It's a lot of bang for the buck. However, I used mine with the GT52 not the CV52. The 2d and SideVu should be the same. The ClearVu - Well that a big controversy going on right now on this board.

The big plus is the 2d chirp. It's really good. The biggest drawback to the Strikers is no memory slot for screenshots and no ethernet for connecting multiple units for sharing sonar.
    Thanks for the info, so I guess its best to find a unit with the GT52 if available?

I sent Garmin a email asking about the setting.
    This is the response

The Striker 7sv will be saving some but not all settings when it is powered off. Specifically if it is powered down it will reset the Range, Gain, and Zoom levels back to the Auto setting. All other settings will be saved.

I asked why but have not gotten a response yet....not a huge deal though.

How is your "clear vu" working?

I'm torn between this and the Helix 7si

10. Member
    My ClearVu may or may not compare with ClearVu on a new unit. I have the GT52 transducer and now they ship with the CV52. A big hullabaloo going on about that. It may be a week or two before I can give a good answer to that question.

11. Member
    let me tell you, if you haven't read my post yet, these dam things are a gem, especially the 2d chip. holy hell ive had so much fun this late winter early spring since I got them. the down view is so so, the side view is crisp and very clear. the settings not being saved is a little pain in the ass, but now that I have remembered what I like I just set it before getting on plane or before the tourney launch. the gps works great and is accurate. I mostly just fish 3 or 4 lakes and know them well so the mapping feature, or lack thereof doesn't bother me. I bought them for the sonar capabilities and so far they have done a dam fantastic job for me. I hooked the 7sv and 7cv together and bought a dedicated battery for finders. a tad of interference from tm but grounding the tm took care of 99 percent of it and a ferrite core took care of a little engine noise since I chose to run the wire for a short ways parallel to ignition instead of drilling a hole in the transom and running through there. this is my first experience with chirp and scanning so of course im gonna rave, but I did a lot of research and many hours reading about how sonar works so when the units arrived I would be ready. interacting with the fish on the screen is pure joy for me since I love deep water fishing. the split screen 2d chirp works perfect for seeing a larger cone around the boat and getting the detail under the boat. I was like you and tossed the helix but in the end im glad I made this decision. good luck!

I was at cabelas today and almost picked one up, I did check out the transducer on the model I would have purchased at it was the CV, I backed out and went with
    the Helix 7si G2