PECo

Landing Net Storage

I was feeling a little bit jealous of the Phoenix boat guys, because their boats have landing net storage in the cockpit. While sitting in my cockpit, I found some space underneath the port side console to store mine.

I bolted a couple of four-inch right-angle brackets onto the bolts for the grab handle and cut a piece of 1/4 inch black Starboard for the shelf. On my console, it ended up being 24 inches deep by 18 inches wide. I had to shape the Starboard a little bit with a heat gun to get a little bit of clearance, but due to the curve of the fiberglass on the side and the overhang of the padded face of the console, the net slides in easily from the side.

You can't even see the shelf when you're sitting in the port seat -

The two four-inch right-angle brackets drop down behind the padded face of the console and support the shelf from underneath. The shelf fits snugly against the bulkhead on top of the molded in storage tray. I plan to attach the shelf to the brackets with a couple of flat head bolts, but they're not really essential; the shelf stays in position just fine without them -

The shelf is accessible from the side -

My landing net slides in there perfectly -
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PECo; 03-23-2017 at 10:38 PM.

OK. that is awesome! My buddy just picked up his brand new Phoenix and I too have "net storage envy". Really good idea PECo!
    2011 Connecticut Bass Federation Nation Angler of the Year
    2015 Triton TRX20, 250 Mercury Optimax Pro XS with 25P Fury, Lowrance HDS 7 & 12 Gen 2 Touch & Structure Scan 2
    togofish@gmail.com

3. Member
    Great idea. Never saw that kind of net before. Who's it made by if you don't mind me asking.
    Triton 2003 TR21
    2010 225 HO E-TEC
    HHBC

4. PECo
    Quote Originally Posted by Soan View Post
    Great idea. Never saw that kind of net before. Who's it made by if you don't mind me asking.
    It's a Cabela's-brand telescopic folding net:

5. Member
    Thanks I will have to check it out.
    Triton 2003 TR21
    2010 225 HO E-TEC
    HHBC

6. PECo
    I added a bungee to secure the net on the shelf -

The bungee hooks over a small knob with which I replaced one of the screws that holds the padded face of the console -

Now, I just need to find a place to store my Hawg Trough and four-foot aluminum ruler.
    Last edited by PECo; 03-25-2017 at 08:57 PM.