Thread: 300XS help

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Update, went fishing today and guess what, no problems at all, never did a thing wrong, imagine that! Still taking it in the morning to have it check out

2. Member
    Ok got my boat back today, replaced the fuel and pulse pump under warranty, didn't cost me a thing, can't wait to run it and see how it does now!! Thanks for all the help guys!! Buy the way, Larry Morris checked the motor out completely and said it's good to go now!!

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    Ok got my boat back today, replaced the fuel and pulse pump under warranty, didn't cost me a thing, can't wait to run it and see how it does now!! Thanks for all the help guys!! Buy the way, Larry Morris checked the motor out completely and said it's good to go now!!
    I suspect your problem will be gone now
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

4. Member
    I sure hope so!!! thanks Tim

5. Member
    Well, I have some bad news, went and ran the boat this morning, went to kick it on pad, it surged again, and it saw worse than before, taking it back in the morning

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    Well, I have some bad news, went and ran the boat this morning, went to kick it on pad, it surged again, and it saw worse than before, taking it back in the morning
    I had a feeling the pulse pump rebuild would not fix the surging issue, only the engine dying while idling. Hope they get it figured out soon.

7. Member
    I think he said he just replaced the fuel pump, I've never had on do what this one is doing. Really frustrating when I had a good motor, swap rigs to a new one and have problems, just no fun at all

Makes me love my 300x even more!!

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

9. Member
    Makes me want to strap my 396 out of my Camaro on the back and see what happens!

I want a turbine engine on mine

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

11. Member
    That would be noisy but FAST!!!

This happened to me when I bought a Fuel Filter on EBAY. The black rubber piece got into the fuel pipe feeding the engine. No more fuel filters on EBAY!!

13. Member
    Who did you buy it from?? Was it like $9.79 or something like that?? When I replaced mine, I used a Mercury one, but I did buy some cheap ones of eBay

14. Member
    Update, just pick my boat up, they replaced the compressor, had oil in it, hope this solves all the problems!!

15. Member
    I have never heard of this, but I sure hope it fixes it.

16. trapp201pro
    I had a 250XS that had a problem that I could never find.Had A another motor sitting right beside it and started changing parts,It turned out to be a MAF sensor that checked good but it was not,changed it and fixed the problem.That sensor is at Mercury for training.It may not be your problem,but my engine was doing the same thing yours is,It might not be a bad idea to try.

17. Member
    I had the same problem with my 2005 250XS, easy to replace that sensor, but this motor is doing something totally different than that motor, never had one surge, then back off, then surge again then back off. But I sure hope this does fix it

18. Member
    Issue with mine was the VST tank pump couldn't keep up.

Like trapp said, i would be looking at my maf sensor, its easy to just look at it. If its got oil on it chances are its junk

Hope your issue gets resolved faster then mine

19. Member
    Going to run it tomorrow, I'll give you guys an update then

20. Member
    Have another update, have ran it twice since the compressor was replaced, think the problem is solved, ran great today, but the fish weren't biting

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast