Side imaging orientation

Just replaced my onix 8 (non si) with a side imaging onix 10 at the bow. Changed from the 2d transducer to a side imaging transducer on the trolling motor as part of the upgrade. Now I have the two units networked together so I can share waypoint and inputs. For the onix 10 at the console, for some odd reason, the transducer is showing as backward despite being mounted correctly. This was not new by the way. However since the two units are networked together they apparently share this setting between the two units even though different sonar inputs are selected for side imaging. For the bow to be correct, it is normal orientation. For the console it is reverse. I change the setting on the bow so that shows up correctly, now my console unit is reverse. I change it at the console to be reversed and the bow takes that setting as well. Is this a new features in 3.0 software or did it do the same in 2.7? I did upgrade software as part of the package so I have no idea what 2.7 did.
    Joey Aderhold

2. Banned
    global setting?

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    global setting?
    Correct. If you want the units to function indepently, you have to turn off Global.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Did some testing. Turned global mode off in the general menu. Changed the profile from angler to custom on both units. Went to side imaging screen and turned off global settings preferences and overlays despite that probably having nothing to do with it. At this point I could remove the network but that causing other sharing problems that I would like to have. I think this coming to light because the transducer on the transom serving data to the console is showing as reverse. The transducer is absolutely mounted correctly with the round end forward. If I could get the orientation showing correctly without having to change it as reversed at the console unit, I don't have this problem.
    Joey Aderhold