Thread: Thoughts

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
  1. Member
    The GT and GV transducer issues got so out of proportion in my opinion. The CV having a dead spot as we were lead to believe on the Lowrance video. Instead signals tilted to each side a few degrees. Which simply shortened/lessoned/reduced the vertical depth the transducer signals achieved. Because of this it would seem the transducer would be not as powerful.

As I realized trying the two transducers side to side....

2. Member
    Thats not quite it Gary. They didnt tilt anything. They just use the sidevu elements to "simulate" downvu after they took out the down element. The problem comes from the fact that the "down" portion of the sidevu beams is a much weaker part of the beam, so you have reduced performance directly under the boat.

BUT - thats not really why people are so up-set.

I dont own a CV transducer and dont really care if they suck or not. Garmin already has horrible side and downvu in my opinion, and a drop in performance isnt that big a deal - to me personally.

There are lots of people who feel like you do - this has all gotten blown out of proportion. Most all of them didnt get personally cheated and so are more than willing to forgive and forget.

BUT - how would you feel if you bought a new V8 truck that you were told was better than last years V8 truck, but when you got it home you found out it was actually a V6? On top of that, it got worse gas mileage than the V8 you were promised, and would not pull your boat up a ramp? Then, when you take it back to the dealer to complain, and ask to trade in the truck for one that works as advertised, they tell you you were stupid to believe them in the first place and please go jump in the lake because they will do nothing for you?

Friends of mine were put through that exact torture and THAT is what pisses me off.

Im not willing to forgive or forget that - unless maybe - Garmin is finally willing to make it right. That would start the healing process, but its going to be a long time before I trust them again on anything. They have proven they are willing to lie to and cheat their customers for a few dollars of profit and then flip them the bird when they got caught. Thats going to be hard to come back from.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

3. Member
    Sorry guys, looks like this was a false alarm. That one guy just got lucky. Garmin is still telling their customers to F-off.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

4. Member
    What A very long thread! Minds are blended.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617