Thread: Thoughts

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XS-Skeet View Post
    Well...That pretty well confirms that their customer service folks talk out of both sides of their mouths. After a lenghtly discussion with them yesterday, they were denying that they replaced any and had no plans to replace a CV that was bought as a package.

SO.. Tomorrow brings another day, another phone call with three options. 1. Replace the transducer 2. Buy the unit back so that I can purchase a different manufactures that don't cheat and lie to their customers or option 3... Which involves a bunch of high priced people.. Dont want to go there.

We shall see...
    Maybe Bassin79 is on to something. Calling tech support and stating flatly that the ClearVu must be broken, doesn't work. The images are terrible. Take some screenshots to send them. You need the xd replaced. Who knows? It worked for him.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Well... That went as well as expected. Garmin flat out refuses to exchange the Transducer. So... They have made a decision to completely refund the purchase cost to the customer if they feel that strongly about the issue. RMA # issued and I will be taking the unit off and sending it back for a full refund.

Looks like I'm in the market for a new unit again... Amazing... Simply amazing.

3. Member
    Did you purchase it from Garmin? What dictates a full refund? MSRP?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XS-Skeet View Post
    Well... That went as well as expected. Garmin flat out refuses to exchange the Transducer. So... They have made a decision to completely refund the purchase cost to the customer if they feel that strongly about the issue. RMA # issued and I will be taking the unit off and sending it back for a full refund.

Looks like I'm in the market for a new unit again... Amazing... Simply amazing.
    Took mine off and sent it back to cabelas

Did you purchase it from Garmin? What dictates a full refund? MSRP?
    The price you paid on your receipt that you have to provide them..

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bksnaz View Post
    I am wondering if all this makes my 93sv chirp with older transducer a hot item or if Resale on it will be painful. Been pleased with side and down on 800khz on that model.
    I got a great price for my 7sv, and the 93sv is up for auction right now. I'm installing/learning my new Solix. For double what I paid for the 93sv, it's a nice unit. I originally went with Garmin because of 20 years of great GPS units, and they seemed to be willing to push limits (the 7sv is an incredible unit for the price). I think they should sign a licensing deal, and then offer a buy-back of the CV transducers. They don't have enough of the market to destroy their reputation over this. Too many people know how to google a prospective unit...

On the other hand, the SideVu is really amazing, and there's Panoptix...

7. Member
    Wow, simply wow.

Well, so much for the Garmin purchase tomorrow.

Im going to splurge on a 10" Humminbird Mega.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Maybe Bassin79 is on to something. Calling tech support and stating flatly that the ClearVu must be broken, doesn't work. The images are terrible. Take some screenshots to send them. You need the xd replaced. Who knows? It worked for him.
    it did until posted on here they are monitoring this site

m

Hi guys. If we buy the Striker 5 DV version (not the newer CV) with transducer GT20-TM, does it still have the normal downscan ability ?

10. Member
    yes

11. Member
    WOW I just installed my echoMap 73sv " Non chirp " and tried it out yesterday... Clarity is terrible for down view and then I find out I have the CV40 transducer.. Then I find this thread... IM PISSED !!!!! I was going to buy the Humminbird but got a great deal @ Bass Pro on the Garmin.... I feel Really deceived here !!! How can a company like Garmin tarnish their reputation over this ?? !!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoweStinger View Post
    WOW I just installed my echoMap 73sv " Non chirp " and tried it out yesterday... Clarity is terrible for down view and then I find out I have the CV40 transducer.. Then I find this thread... IM PISSED !!!!! I was going to buy the Humminbird but got a great deal @ Bass Pro on the Garmin.... I feel Really deceived here !!! How can a company like Garmin tarnish their reputation over this ?? !!
    Looks me most things, its about money

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    the new clearvu transducers do not have a di element. the gt transducers do. the second version of the gt transducers had the di element rotated 20 degrees to get around the patent. seems that didn't work so they removed it instead of paying lowrance to use it. I have a couple original gt52 transducers as well as a gt50 if anyone is interested
    How do I tell if either of my gt40 transducers are original or 2nd gen?

14. Member
    GT transducers have the down element. So if the tag says GT40 you would be good to go. If it says CV it would be one of the revised ones.

At one time the general consensus was that the transducers with the down element (GT) were black and the ones without (CV) were gray.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    GT transducers have the down element. So if the tag says GT40 you would be good to go. If it says CV it would be one of the revised ones.

At one time the general consensus was that the transducers with the down element (GT) were black and the ones without (CV) were gray.
    I know I have the gt, the question is weather my down element is tilted 20* and doesn't work right. That's the differnece between the first and second generation gt40 right?

16. Member
    Sorry I missed the part about the tilted element. I don't have an answer.

17. Member
    My gt40 is gray, at least it "says" gt40 on the tag

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by procraftmark View Post
    My gt40 is gray, at least it "says" gt40 on the tag
    Your head unit tells you what transducer is connected to it.

19. Member
    My newly purchased Garmin units are not effected by cv/gt issue. I have spent some time with Garmin Customer Service in the last couple of weeks trying to learn all I can about my new units to get the most from them. I can tell you from talking with the reps they are getting beat up and happy to hear that my call is not about the CV issue. Gotta' believe Garmin is going to have to come up with a fix, with social media really bringing attention to this issue Garmin can take the heat much longer. It has to be costing them big dollars.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoweStinger View Post
    Your head unit tells you what transducer is connected to it.
    Oh my!!!! Sometimes we forget the simplest things and complicate matters. Homerun Stinger.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast