X18 Pro Prop Question

Most of you guys are running the X19, And I recently purchased a new X18 Pro. It has the Yamaha 150 SHO with 6 inch Atlas
    HYD jack plate. I fish rivers 95% of the time. I have about 5 hours on the motor. I have the factory prop. The rivers here are like a Nascar road race, straight for a while then a huge curve. most of the time I have to slow down to about 30 to 35 to make the curve. when this happens it blows out really bad. I can trim down and that helps, but the water may be 2 feet deep coming out, and if you come off plane it may be a while before you can go again and I am afraid of hitting the bottom My boat is plenty fast, I am more interested in hole shot and the blow out problem. maybe I am just a crummy driver or I need a different prop. anyhow any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    Typically a 4 blade prop provides better handling in turns as well as Stern lift. I would suggest getting away from a 3 blade and going to a 4.

3. Member
    I run a Trophy Plus which is a 4 blade and it corners well and has a really good hole shot in my opinion. Not sure on exact set up, but I'm guessing you would need a 23 or 24p. You'll also want to buy the "weed ring" or "blow out ring" because it is a small barrel prop. Not sure how they are on a SHO but they typically run very well on these hulls.
    2008 XPRESS H18
    2017 MERC 150 4S

4. Member
    I run a lot of shallow, winding sloughs on the Upper Mississippi and that's why I stuck with the Trophy. I haven't tried many props, but I'm definitely happy with these. I just went up from a 23p to a 24p. I haven't had a chance to get it on the water yet.
    2008 XPRESS H18
    2017 MERC 150 4S

24 Bravo1 would be my choice... The 24 Fury4 may be real nice as well.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. Member
    Thank you for the information, I intend to put it to good use.