Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    You may have lost a 02 sensor, mine seems to get one every couple of years. I have been able to clean them but still does not act like a new one. CJ
    I did that about a month ago.

2. Member
    This one is an odd one for sure. Is there a chance that there is a line, wire, or something under the livewell that's getting pinched/moved when they are full? You don't mention the problem happens when you add a person, just putting water in the livewell. Might try adding a 3rd guy around 250#'s and getting him to move around and see if you can replicate it. If you can't that would seem to point to it not being a weight problem and something getting impacted by the livewell sidewalls. Just thinking out loud.

Never thought about that, but the only thing that runs below lw is open/closed valve cable.

When I start off, motor trimmed down, the nose of boat will come up to about 45 deg. and will kind of plow through the water for about 30 yards, then the bow will start porpoising for another 20 yards, then its like nitrous was injected and it jumps out on plane and will pull you back against the seat.

The prop is 25M, and turns 5800 rpms at 65 mph. 2001 ox66 225 on Champion 206

4. Member
    Is this a new problem all of a sudden? Only in the warmer months? I have the exact same boat, motor, and problem in the summer months never had it until I put a 25 tempest plus on it, I'm now running a 24 fury 4 and put a Chris Bailey foil on her,seems pretty happy now

5. Member
    Interesting thought about the prop. A buddy had a Champ 198 and the Fury was the best prop for it. The Tempest and 25M have a lot of bow lift and are what I run on my Skeeter.

I really think something electrical is breaking down under a load or its running so rich, that it's not firing on a few cylinders.

Like others have said, I'm going to have to figure out a way to test it on the water while it's doing it.

Seems that someone was having issues and it turned out to
    be the stator.
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeFriday View Post
    Interesting thought about the prop. A buddy had a Champ 198 and the Fury was the best prop for it. The Tempest and 25M have a lot of bow lift and are what I run on my Skeeter.
    Just continuing to spit ball ideas. You could pull the injector cover and see if it is spitting fuel back through the ports. That would point to the reeds not sealing. I think ruling out the weight issue would be the easiest first step.

Is it common for reeds to fail when the motor is under a heavy load and then start sealing again that fast? I cant rule out the weight issue, because it only does it when the live well is full. The added weight of the water, not to mention all the tackle and everything else, is just enough to bog it down, either from an interruption of electricity or fuel to several cylinders. I bought the boat new and it hasn't always done this. The engine doesn't miss or cut out, it's just running on three or four cylinders until the others kick in.

I'll check on the stator possibility. Can they be tested or do I need to swap one and try it before getting a new one?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RL552 View Post
    Is it common for reeds to fail when the motor is under a heavy load and then start sealing again that fast? I cant rule out the weight issue, because it only does it when the live well is full. The added weight of the water, not to mention all the tackle and everything else, is just enough to bog it down, either from an interruption of electricity or fuel to several cylinders. I bought the boat new and it hasn't always done this. The engine doesn't miss or cut out, it's just running on three or four cylinders until the others kick in.

I'll check on the stator possibility. Can they be tested or do I need to swap one and try it before getting a new one?
    There will be troubleshooting steps for the stator. Sent you a PM. If that's the original prop, it could need a refresh or replace since you said it has not always done this. 2 strokes don't have the low end torque, so that is one reason they use vented props to give a little slip to spin up. Someone will eventually guess right.

On the reeds, if they are not sealing, you probably won't get all of the available low end power to get you going.

11. Member
    When you find it please let us know,very interested in this one thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cwirth View Post
    When you find it please let us know,very interested in this one thanks

Ok Cwirth, I'll get with you if or when I figure it out.

13. Member
    Ohm test your plug caps [tip from Andy at SIM] If you cant find spec PM me and I should be able to find it in my manual. Other than that I can't think of anything else that you have not tried other than the prop and venting. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

14. Member
    Have you even tried a diff prop to see of anything changes ? My T1 is a dog out of the hole when loaded. But pretty fast under a lighter load.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12