Fishing report requests.

Trying not to be my crusty old self, but is it too much to expect some common courtesy from those that ask for a report from a certain lake to report back the results of their trip? How difficult can that possibly be?

2. Member
    Here,Here

3. Banned
    Usually if there's no report, they didn't do very good.

4. Banned
    I wish guys would post reviews of the places they've stayed, it would certainly help others out as there are almost weekly posts asking about accommodations at certain lakes.

5. Member
    I'd say it is the opposite. Silence is golden...

I went this morning and it was a little breezy

If I post information on a forum for anyone to see its going to be conditions ie: water color/water temp/water level or something to do with the conditions of the lake. In this case I expect no reply back. I am not meaning to sound harsh but if you can't read the conditions and know where to start then you need to become a better fisherman.

If someone seeks me out personally through PM, text or phone call I typically give a little fishing information but I am reluctant doing that. I know that two people doing the exact same thing can have different results. I had rather not point someone in a direction with good intentions and them strike out so I don't give up much specific information even when doing so privately. However in the case that I do give up something via PM, text or phone call it would be courteous to let me know how things went. This could help me in my next trip. All to often its a one way street so I agree with the OP.