2010 Z7 Xi5 Installation

Anyone have experience with this? I've ordered the MotorGuide Universal Quick Release Mounting Bracket 8M0095972 so I can still use my 70lb Pro series.

Going to tackle this early next week and I'm looking for tips and tricks!

Thanks!

On my z8 I used a MK 47 slide plate for terrova and fortrex other than bolt the bottom and don't drop a wrench like I did. Also nitro only used 5 screws on my boat and one was custom by them, I got six bolt in proper spacing, make sure to hit the reinforced area you can use some sealant in the wholes to keep it dry. Also if drilling new holes just the weight of the drill and a new bit till your all the way through the gel.

Thank you.

Thanks. Do you have any pictures of it that I could reference?

5. Member
    Like Fishy I also use the MK 47 sliding mount see my install thread here...

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=622125

Good Luck.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

His second to the last pic in the original post is the most important. Get the shaft vertical very close to the rub rail to eliminate a bunch of loading problems. If you haven't bought the motor guide plate may want to consider the minnkota plate. I don't know if the motor guide has a "two position" making it possible to slide back 6" to battle out the Steep boat ramps.

And i I can take pics for you if you need them but off hand that other thread linked nailed it.

The mount he has does move back.
    If you install it as close to the rail as described when deployed it wont allow the motor to slide back. It would need to be further out. The xi5 mount will hit the boat.
    That was how mine was installed. It doesn't allow me to move it back.
    Hopefully you have enough room to get the right angle and not have to worry about it.
    My boat is alot narrower than yours.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Thank you all. Unfortunately the MG mount is already on the way. I've read that other guys simply remove the motor for loading/unloading. I'm hoping that isn't as much of a hassle as it sounds.

Do you have pictures of your setup setup that I could reference? My number is 570-560-2644. I think I know what you mean but I want to be sure. I'm assuming the MG mount has two locking positions that when the shaft is right up against the rub rail it won't have enough room to slide back into the stowed position. I'm wondering if just removing the TM would be easier than mounting it with the shaft further away from the rail.

Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    The mount he has does move back.
    If you install it as close to the rail as described when deployed it wont allow the motor to slide back. It would need to be further out. The xi5 mount will hit the boat.
    That was how mine was installed. It doesn't allow me to move it back.
    Hopefully you have enough room to get the right angle and not have to worry about it.
    My boat is alot narrower than yours.

My boat is in storage. I'll see what I have for pictures and post them in a while.
    So you could just remove it before launch and loading that's what I do and just lay it on the deck.
    The way it works you have to remove it to move it back anyway. You open the handle. Push to one side then pull up. It's pretty easy to do. The draw back from laying it on the deck is all the wiring if your linked or using a built in us2 transducer.
    I use the built in us2 and the gateway. I have to connect those 2 on the water. Not the end of the world but still a pia.
    Your boat is wider so maybe the overhang will miss the roller.
    Anthrax

Quote Originally Posted by Eckma03 View Post
    I think I know what you mean but I want to be sure. I'm assuming the MG mount has two locking positions that when the shaft is right up against the rub rail it won't have enough room to slide back into the stowed position. .
    That is exactly what happens on my boat. So mine is always in the front position. I can't move it to the back position.
    It would have had to have been mounted a few more inches forward. This dosn't affect anythig except storing or launching and loading.
    Anthrax

Here are a few pics for you. I didn't do the instal and my boats in storage so I don't have a ton of info for you but here goes.

Top Plate Universal quick release bracket

Bottom plate

Mounting dimensions

Anthrax

Anthrax

Trying to find a better picture showing the over hang but this is all I can find right now.
    You can see it could move back but the down hook on the xi5 hits the nose of my boat.

Anthrax

Thank you everyone! This looks like a promising install. I'll take pics of my install for future reference for anyone who wants to do the same. I'm hoping it will clear the roller in the end but even if I have to take it off, the Xi5 will still afford me the opportunity to fish more than often (in the constant wind of NW Arkansas)

Your going to love it
    Anthrax

I see you are using the 4 prong style plug in adapter? Any reason for that over the red style plug it came with?

My motor didn't come with a plug. That's the plug that was on my old motor.
    Anthrax

Ok. I think I'm going to use that same plug as well thanks again!