STRATOS LIFETIME WARRANTY ON THERE HULL

So I have a 2004 stratos that has real bad cracks in the gel coat ,It was repaired by stratos once before they sold out to ranger ...My question is this is ranger responsible to cover the warranty on this since they bought out stratos ? or am I screwed on the warranty .When I had fixed the 1st time they said the warranty work would have the lifetime warranty if anything happened .

2. Member
    What are really bad cracks? Just wondering because I want to compare the stress cracks on my boat. Do you have pictures? If not, no worries. Just wanted to see.

3. Member
    will get some tomorrow

4. Member
    You are pretty much screwed. Doubt they will do anything. Top cap cracks are not covered by a hull warranty anyway.

is it cracked WHERE they repaired the previous cracks? they might have warrantied the work they did. Otherwise like Russ said, top cap cracks are not covered.
    -Justin
    2006 Stratos 294 - 200 Merc Optimax

6. Member
    yes same place as original repair ..

time to call and find out i guess! no other way to know than to try. good luck!!
    -Justin

8. Member
    i have called they say since ranger bought them out that it will not be covered which i think is BS !! just because a company buys out another should void warranty for pre sale boats !!!!

that's why lot of company's sellout, get them out of past legal issues. workers comp, retirement etc etc. some change name, and still same company at same location. that crap goes on my area for years . 1 local place changed Name of Business at least 8 times in last 20 yrs

Take all your paperwork to a lawyer and see what they say. Only option you got it sounds like. Good luck either way
    -Justin

11. Member
    Is it a white cap?

12. Member
    It happens all the time company sells out to another company and the purchasing company only assumes the brand and does not assume the liability. Same thing happened to me on an enclosed trailer. 5yr warranty and last year was assumed by diamond cargo. So as warranty goes I'm on my own. Out of some of the negatives any repairs on the trailer i can handle.
    Warranties are warm and good feeling and in alot of cases does work at the time needed. However if companies were like the good old days the product would not need a warranty on certain things as craftsmanship and quality were the highlights of a companies products. These days with everything plastic things are going to break no matter how well you take care of them.
    I'm done with my flash back in time.
    lol

What am I missing? Stratos is one of the brands owned by a larger company, right? JM bought Ranger, Stratos, and Triton from Platinum Equities.
    Chevy doesn't own Buick.
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 201pro View Post
    Is it a white cap?
    no its not a white cap its burgundy