Maximu PTP Question

Does anyone run any prop they have, at any time (holeshot, rough water, etc.) deeper than 4"?

I am planning to replace my 10" Manual plate with a 12" Bob's in the near future. Looks like it has 6" travel? Trying to determine how I want it mounted. Would like to be able to get it as high as I can, even above pad, when needed without loosing the ability to get as low as I would ever need it.

Oh, my boat is a 920 with a 250ProXS.

Thanks!

2. Member
    Mine is set up to where 3" ptp is one mark above half on the gauge so I have roughly 3" up and down from there. I do run it pretty deep when it's really rough but normally run about 2-3/4 to 2-1/2 any other time. The only reason I would like to go higher would be for idling thru stumpy water but I just put it all the way up and I don't have to trim to high to get it above the pad so I don't ding my prop.

I have a hydro, but I trim down 1st for crap water then drop the plate if needed. Im sure I have went below 4" for bad water-Mississippi River stuff. If I had a manual (buddy does) its just set for best overall performance and when its rough its just a trim deal.

Having a hydro plate takes so much of the guesswork out of finding "the spot". Its just a push of the lever and you get it dialed in. If you have a MM and an Atlas gauge its real easy to get exactly where you know it runs best. Props that lose cup or just less than good water just means you drop the plate a little or adjust trim to compensate.