Waiting on the Money

What is the Phoenix Boat History or Lineage

I don't own a Phoenix but I am interested in learning about them and possibly one day owning one. I'm a Bullet owner right now and have heard the Phoenix can get to some pretty high speeds. What I am wanting to know is the history of the brand and where did they come from.

Thanks

2. Member

3. Waiting on the Money
    I see. So it is a mix of the Bumble Bee Boats and Stratos.

4. Waiting on the Money
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 921 View Post
    Great info. Thanks

5. Banned
    No, The Crew from Stratos/Champion wanted to build their own company, so they bought up Bumble Bee and Improved their tooling to keep $$$ coming in while Greg Strahm perfected and Built from Scratch the 721, then once Phoenix was rolling they did away with the Bee Line lineup. After the 721 then the 719/619 came in then the 618......Now you all have the 800/900 series with Lineage back to the original 721 just Widened Cap and lengthend hull....Only Lineage youll see in the 721 is some Stratos 201 accents, but Pad is different along with some Tweaks here and there

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatPro View Post
    No, The Crew from Stratos/Champion wanted to build their own company, so they bought up Bumble Bee and Improved their tooling to keep $$$ coming in while Greg Strahm perfected and Built from Scratch the 721, then once Phoenix was rolling they did away with the Bee Line lineup. After the 721 then the 719/619 came in then the 618......Now you all have the 800/900 series with Lineage back to the original 721 just Widened Cap and lengthend hull....Only Lineage youll see in the 721 is some Stratos 201 accents, but Pad is different along with some Tweaks here and there
    This ^^^^^

they built the BB for like two years. Then it went away

Either stratos and champion were tanking and the guys wanted out and knew they could do it better. Or the guys left and joined up for Phoenix and this new idea and then soon after stratos and champion started tanking. Goes to show that a boat company's success can be driven by just a few individuals that really know what they are doing. Not to mention they built Phoenix in probably the worse time in the history of bass boats to build a company from scratch.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    Either stratos and champion were tanking and the guys wanted out and knew they could do it better. Or the guys left and joined up for Phoenix and this new idea and then soon after stratos and champion started tanking. Goes to show that a boat company's success can be driven by just a few individuals that really know what they are doing. Not to mention they built Phoenix in probably the worse time in the history of bass boats to build a company from scratch.
    I think they left when Stratos was put into the Equity buy out with Ranger and other boat companies. They had a difference of opinion when the new management started, on how to go forward so they left. I heard they tried to buy Champion and couldn't so they started from scratch.

9. Member
    I'll add a side note here. Got a chance to eat dinner with Gary Clouse (President of Phoenix Bass Boats) and a mutual friend very recently. He is without a doubt one of the nicest down to earth guys you ever hope to meet and a very avid fisherman.

Also, Friends of mine who have been fishing all their lives get in my boat and is almost always something like 'wow, this was clearly built by folks who actually fish!'. Doesn't hurt its pretty dang fast for a TRUE bass boat!

Love mine, could NOT be more pleased with the company and don't expect I will ever own anything else again.

10. Waiting on the Money
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatPro View Post
    All boats can trace lineage back to a previous brands design. Champion can trace back to a Hydrostream and Legend can trace back to the older Rangers. I wont write all the details, but I understand now that this boat was a great mix of Stratos boats, Champion boats builders, Bumble Bee builders. I really like the boat and would love to see one. I have met Gary myself as well and he is a great guy.

Bill Pace, Dave Schliek, Al Stinson, John Storie and now Greg Strahm All great boat designers
    Last edited by aceman93; 03-23-2017 at 03:24 PM.