2009 210 elite questions

Guys,

Considering a 2009 210 elite. Can you guys give me any insight to issues you have heard of over the years, transom flex, leaks, etc. or is this something that I dont have to worry about with an 09?
    Solid boat or ???
    thanks

2. Member
    Should be solid, no flex or leaks unless damaged by abuse..

3. Member
    Possible transom flex. Mine had it. Ranger/Stratos repaired it under warranty. Rock solid now for about 6 yrs. Also the touch pads and mega links are subject to fail. Mine have been fine and there is no replacement. Have to convert to rocker switches

4. Okchamp210
    I have an 09 with 250 SHO and have nothing but good to say about it.

Tons of storage, very well built, fast, fishes big

I've heard the earlier 210's had flexing and some of the 09's , My 09 transom is solid no flex , only issue is occasionally live well pump # 2 button starts blinking and the pump stops , then it works next time out , I think its the mega link and they are hard to find like champ210 if mine goes completely I would switch to rocker switches , other than normal maintenance no problems other than above and I can live with it , it is a fantastic hull for its size it is very quick , extremely comfortable , and plenty of room

2009 ELITE 210

6. Member
    Thanks guys!
    Should I be concerned that Champions are not made anymore? I had this comment made to me recently but other than the hull it seems to me, everything else is replaceable?

7. Banned
    There's many many of us here running no longer in production champions, if you have an issue then just like us you'll have to fix it. Does it scare me? Nope or I wouldn't have bought one.

Have you ever noticed how fast these boats sell compared to other brands?

8. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scot21x View Post
    Thanks guys!
    Should I be concerned that Champions are not made anymore? I had this comment made to me recently but other than the hull it seems to me, everything else is replaceable?
    As scout said, lots of us running them. And, yes, everything else is replaceable....

9. Member
    ditto on super fast sale

1997 Champion 181
    Merc XR6 150

10. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scot21x View Post
    Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    As scout said, lots of us running them. And, yes, everything else is replaceable....
    Other than some unique cosmetic plastic parts, everything is supplied 3rd party vendor. And you'll find that most that are looking for those parts come up with a way to replace them with aluminum or poly plastics. Also note that the Champion board is the most active on BBC and if you read down through the posts, there are active boats back to the early 80's discussed on here. And some pretty sharp ones at that! I bought my 2007 210 after the Champion line was shut down and would not hesitate to buy another if I were in the market.

11. Member
    I have an 08 210 and Love it. I can across the megalink and both touch pads a couple years ago and scooped them up for a backup but haven't needed them yet.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwill View Post
    I have an 08 210 and Love it. I can across the megalink and both touch pads a couple years ago and scooped them up for a backup but haven't needed them yet.
    Would you be interested in selling the extra mega link keypad I'm looking for one now on my 2009 210 ?? Thanks.