Garmin echo map sv

I'm sorry if there's a sticky or another thread. But can someone explain a couple things.
    1. How do you change views on the screen? Is there a button on the main screen or do you have to access the menu everytime?

2.Can you customize the on screen data like Lowrance?
    I'm using Lowrance HDS7TOUCH now and I really want CHIRP. Its so clear. Thanks.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

2. Member
    Which version were you interested in?

I dont own one but Im sure someone who does will chime in shortly.

In the mean time, here is a link to where you can download the Echomap CHIRP 93sv owners manual. It should answer all your questions.

https://support.garmin.com/support/m...=en&country=US
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    I'm sorry if there's a sticky or another thread. But can someone explain a couple things.
    1. How do you change views on the screen? Is there a button on the main screen or do you have to access the menu everytime?

2.Can you customize the on screen data like Lowrance?
    I'm using Lowrance HDS7TOUCH now and I really want CHIRP. Its so clear. Thanks.

You are looking at changing brands and also changing from touch to non-touch. That is a pretty big adaptation. Going from Humminbird to Lowrance to Garmin was awkward. Not because any of them were bad in their menu design but just different. On all of them there is some of it that will be intuitive to you and other parts that the only way you will find/learn it is using the manual.

The unit starts with a Home screen and there is a Home key that will return you to that screen. The MENU button provides choices based on what is on the screen. If you have traditional sonar displayed the MENU key will give the the options for Traditional Sonar. If you have SideVu on the screen the MENU button gives you the options for SideVu. If you have a combo screen showing Traditional, SideVu and Panoptix and press the MENU key you first have to choose between which of those three you want the options for.

You can customize the layout arrangement, and panel sizes and what shows in each panel. You can customize the data. It's call Data Overlay.

Your post title said echo map sv but you discussed chirp. You really have to pay attention to the model names. I recommend the echoMAP CHIRP 93sv. I know quite a few people who get the 7 inch screen to save some money. The combo screens doing Panoptix and the other options at the same time are just too small on a 7 inch screen.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

LWINCHESTER2 Thanks for the information.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

As I told others call Brian at BBG Marine. See if he has any last years 93sv chirp left. They are about $850. They may even be better than this years Clearvu version