Thread: It happened..

It happened..

I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later...never had a brand new rod break on me before.. until now.. brand new 7-0 heavy okuma TCS... loved the rod... ordered another because I loved it so much... new one will be here probably tomorrow... broke this one today, second time fishing with it.. caught 7 or 8 the other day on it, biggest around 4.... caught 2-2 pounders, and 2-1 pounders this morning, no problem... then, got hung on a nothing piece of grass or something, broke in half.. no snap, no sound, just fell apart, clean break like a cut, directly in half..

ive never dealt with a rod company to get a replacement.. not looking forward to it..

on another note.. I bought a okuma Helios TCS reel to try.. hated it first few casts in the yard.. learned how to get it dialed in, and loving it now!! Fished all day today with it.. I don't see myself getting rid of my lews reels just yet, but I may get another Helios..(I wonder about longevity/durability)

2. Member
    for a break like that most companies will replace it no problem. I usually check warranties before I purchase a rod, My dad bought 2 kistlers years ago and broke both, they charged $100 for replacement and shipping so I got both of those fixed thinking I could get a good rod cheap got both fixed. one broke at the tip the other is still kicking, but I hated the $100 replacement. I also had a powell crankbait rod and had the tip break on that one. Sent it in and told them how much I enjoyed it and they sent me 2 back! Sometimes the rod companies are easy to deal with some times it can be a pain. Good luck with your replacement