Digital trim gauge and digital trim sender... but NOT WORKING SINCE INSTALL

I installed both about a year ago... never has worked but was told it was because my ground wire on striker plate was pinched in two...bought and replaced ground wire and still not working... I've set and reset the trim insider mercmonitor and still nothing!!???
    2011 250 Pro xs... serial number coming
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

serial number is
    1B826208

3. Member
    check grnd strap on lower mtr mnt on port side and make sure tri lobe pin is in place on cross pin at top of tit ram
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

just replaced the ground strap...
    however i'm not familiar with this TRI LOBE PIN and CROSS PIN you speak of?

5. Member
    trilobe pin is driven into top of tilt ram through cross pin if its gone cross pin will rotate and not move sender or move over to stbd side and disengage from sender will not rotate sender for gage movement / and you did check strap behind mtr mount cover on port side ?????
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

strap behind motor mount cover?
    sounds like you are referring to the little plastic covers? if so i'll check tonite

7. Member
    I'm having this same issue on my 2017 Pro XS. Please let me know if you're able to fix the issue.

2022 21PHX

Previous boats:
    2017 Phoenix 721 ProXP
    2000 Triton TR186

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoney View Post
    I'm having this same issue on my 2017 Pro XS. Please let me know if you're able to fix the issue.
    Your issue should be a warranty claim.... See your dealer to document and repair the problem.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1

Please verify that your trim sensor has THREE (3) wires: Blue, Yellow and Black.

And verify they are firmly connected to the BLUE, Yellow and BLACK w/Orange Stripe wires inside the cowling.

MUST be connected in this fashion (ONLY).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor