Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Thank you sir. Its fun to learn it even if I never use it.

2. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    It can be downright addictive!!!

I learned from Mike Insko that 1st make a backup of the entire card (for AC PC/AC Pro PC) and then you can run all your updating from the HDD/SSD - plus you also have the option to keep a fresh unaltered copy of the data so you can be sure you don't hose something by mistake.
    Which is recommended to do...

The tutorials listed in the sticky up top give you enough to be dangerous, and yet they are quite thought provoking.
    I found the info I was trying to remember....

When you import your data into AutoChart you can either choose to import the .DAT file or the B001.SON file which contains the 200KHz down beam data

Which is basically what happens "under the hood" with ACL!

I hope this helps a few of you ....

http://www.humminbird.com/WorkArea/D...t.aspx?id=4777

AC_ACL_SON_DAT_fileINFO.jpg
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

[QUOTE=sfw1960;8256076]
    Quote Originally Posted by duhwhat View Post
    There are several DAT files being recorded (one is for 2D) so NO, you don't need to do any "additional" settings. (People call me "Bob" too ...LOL)

Often times the manuals become outdated because of product enhancements, so even if they were super fantastic and 100% great upon release, some or much of it may not apply a year or two later.

I don't think ANY of the product manuals, except maybe the SOLIX may have instructions for the check button changing frequencies or the +/- buttons changing sonar sensitivity - but they are great welcome enhancements IMO.

If it wasn't for Camo Hunter being an early adopter of AC for PC - we'd all be having a tougher time learning and guys like Doc Bruce offer instructional DVDs to help us learn too.

Some of us try to help the others & we pass it on, so if you have good info too - try to do the same!

Thanks Bob.. The last post you made in this thread (22) from the sticky where the image shows 'RECORD' kinda confuses me again. I've seen the 'RECORD' option but not sure how that differs from 'AUTOCHART LIVE = ON'. Thats kind of what I was asking about when I asked about turning on something else to capture DI and SI data for a mosaic. Anyway, I'm gonna just keep recording with ACL and when I get AC Pro, see what I have.
    As for the manuals, I'm also a little miffed that you no longer get your own manual for your specific product instead of just saying 'where applies' from a hard to read PDF document online. And I don't want to print them all on my printer to have available on the boat.

PS, I now see where in #22 you said 'Which is basically what happens "under the hood" with ACL!'

[QUOTE=duhwhat;8258219]
    Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    Thanks Bob.. The last post you made in this thread (22) from the sticky where the image shows 'RECORD' kinda confuses me again. I've seen the 'RECORD' option but not sure how that differs from 'AUTOCHART LIVE = ON'. Thats kind of what I was asking about when I asked about turning on something else to capture DI and SI data for a mosaic. Anyway, I'm gonna just keep recording with ACL and when I get AC Pro, see what I have.
    As for the manuals, I'm also a little miffed that you no longer get your own manual for your specific product instead of just saying 'where applies' from a hard to read PDF document online. And I don't want to print them all on my printer to have available on the boat.

PS, I now see where in #22 you said 'Which is basically what happens "under the hood" with ACL!'
    You RECORD to the RECORD folder on a blank memory card just like you do snapshots to the SNAPSHOT folder. That is in the Recording and Snapshot view.

You turn on Auto Chart Live in the Humminbird menu.

Two different functions.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Yes, two different functions but essentially what happens when using ACL, you just don;t see it or have to process it (with AC PC to make a map).

ACL does all that for you without any file conversion.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

6. Member
    so.. hm. If a person wants to have a 1) lakemaster chip in the finder and if they also want to record auto chart live to a 2) zero line card, in order to also record snapshots of waypoints and/or side-imaging mosaics they would have to have a 3) normal (non zeroline) sd card in the finder? Isn't that 3 cards, and doesn't the helix have only 2 slots? Is there a way to all at once use a lakemaster card, record acl, and take snapshot waypoints??

7. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I wish they had 3 card slots too...

You can write screen snaps shots, sonar recording and back up your way point libraries to the Zero Lines Card.

Be mindful they can and WILL fill up though.

If you use it for those functions, remember to remove recordings and snap shots as well as back up your WP's to the PC too.

The actual ACL files are rather small FWIW.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

So ..... I'm still not sure about the question of whether the ACL files contain the data necessary to do SI mosaics in AC Pro? We kinda got sidetracked into what files are captured during a record operation.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

9. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    So ..... I'm still not sure about the question of whether the ACL files contain the data necessary to do SI mosaics in AC Pro? We kinda got sidetracked into what files are captured during a record operation.
    I don't have AC Pro PC bob, the longer you put off buying it - the longer you're NOT going to tell us the results!

I doubt it though myself..........
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

10. Banned
    ill buy it. you guys tell me what to do and ill try it

I don't have AC Pro PC bob, the longer you put off buying it - the longer you're NOT going to tell us the results!

I doubt it though myself..........
    But I still won't have a unit with ACL.....You send me one of those and I will buy AC Pro.

12. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I think that's YOUR problem too, you wife has too many shoes already anyways...

Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

I think that's YOUR problem too, you wife has too many shoes already anyways...

But she wants a new car and a new closet for all those shoes...

14. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    ill buy it. you guys tell me what to do and ill try it
    Heck Troy - your SOLIX units have ACL included - so the only thing you'd need is AC Pro PC.

Bring the ACL files into AC Pro PC and see if you can do anything with the SI mosaics under those menu options...
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

15. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    But she wants a new car and a new closet for all those shoes...
    Trade in the old model for a new model, that should lower your maintenance costs considerably!!

Ultimate upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

Trade in the old model for a new model, that should lower your maintenance costs considerably!!

Ultimate upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I generally buy a new car or a year old and then drive it til it's worth more as scrap than anything else ..... kinda like I'm doing with my HB units.

Got 26 years out of my last truck...

I'm gonna buy AC Pro soon. Like a DA I thought I only needed a zero lines card. Now I'll have two.

18. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duhwhat View Post
    I'm gonna buy AC Pro soon. Like a DA I thought I only needed a zero lines card. Now I'll have two.
    I'll buy the ZLC for cheap if you don't want it - I want another one or two...
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

19. Member
    I've only been using auto chart live and I can view SI mosaics with auto chart pro... I'm still pretty green to all this, so bear with me.

Quote Originally Posted by cards21 View Post
    I've only been using auto chart live and I can view SI mosaics with auto chart pro... I'm still pretty green to all this, so bear with me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast