14/15 Nitro z8/z9 used price

Looking at purchasing a boat in the near future and have been trying to do all the research I can. I have been looking at both new and used. I have seen a few used 2014-2015 z8/z9 in the $35,000-$40,000 range. I have a few questions for others that were in a similar spot I am in.

1) Does this seem like a fair price for these boats?

2) This seems like a much better deal when compared to other brands in similar models. In most cases are these deals because the boats have been not well taken care of or are used nitros just that much cheaper than other brands?

It would be hard to pass saving ~$10,000 with a nitro z8 or z9 compared to other brands. Also just reading reviews the z series of boats gets good reviews for ride and fishability which are also very important to me. I just don't want to think Im getting a good deal on a z8 for $36,000 only to find out these boats are priced that way because the boats been abused or misused.

Also I know that its smart to get a used boat looked at by dealer and make sure everything is in good condition. I am more wondering if i'm being reasonable expecting to find a good condition, well taken care of 14 z8 for around 35-40 k.

2. Member
    The reason they are cheaper used compared to other brands is because they are cheaper new than other brands. People always say nitro value doesn't hold like other boats. Fact of the matter is they aren't as expensive new therefore they won't be as expensive used either. I've heard good things about the z series. And for the price, it's really really hard to beat. As far as the skeeter, I've heard they have issues with the storage compartments getting wet. And for ranger, you get wet going down the lake due to the hull and console design. With all this being said, I've never owned either of those. Just speaking on reviews I've read and friends owning these brands and agreeing to what I've read. Hope this helps. Good luck!

3. Member
    In my honest opinion the nitro boats for the money are hard to beat!

4. Banned
    Nitros are fine and will do everything another brand will do and do it chea.... less expensively. If You're looking at Nitros and can add patience to the mix, You can luck into a great deal..

Just make sure You or someone You trust looks the boat over and hopefully take it for a test drive prior to committing the $$$

I'm stubborn but I wouldn't sell my 2015 z8 for that. Not that I have spent to much but I have been around many boats over the years and nitro has only impressed me. Now many nitros may be new boaters since selling net work / fixed prices are lower and where I'm going with this is (new boater mistakes) can damage a boat and make it look like its nitros fault for not holding up but that is not the fact. A good nitro used is just as good as any other used boat, just beinfits from original price being lower.

Sold my last z9 2014 for right at $40k, oct 2016, over a year ago. It sold quick, and prolly priced too low.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team