Thread: Meanmouth Bass

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I only ever caught 1 but it was about 3 # on beaver. It was a cross between a smallie and spot.
    Cheaper to keep a kid in tourney fishing than paying attorneys to keep them out of jail !!

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v1nkud&s=9

Pic on the left is of the first one I caught in the fall. It was a 2.3 on the Golden Rule. Pic on right is one my buddy caught 6 months later in the spring at 2.6 on the Golden Rule. I believe this is the same fish as it has the same markings. It was caught in a backwater off a river. Both times it was caught was in the same area. The area it was caught is known for smallmouth and largemouth both spawning there. There is zero Spotted bass in this river. In fact there is only one place to catch a spotted bass in Iowa and it's over an hour away in a lake. This fish is more green than the picture shows. There aren't any green smallmouth in this body of water as the clarity is very poor. The smallmouth here are all a light brown to black. It is also missing the bars on it's gill plates that smallmouth have.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123