Tatula making noise during cast

I have several Daiwa Tatula type R reels, two of the are making a clocking / grinding sound on cast, when spool is spinning . I put a little Diana oil on the worm gear and spool tension knob over the winter..Anyone have this problem??

2. Member
    I had same issue on Tatula Ct. Sent it back to tackle store and a new one was sent.
    2016 Nitro Z18 w/ Mercury Optimax XS 150

Prob needs a good cleaning. As in side plates off, bearings soaked/cleaned/lubed and old grease wiped out and new applied.

Not too hard to do, youtube videos can help
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

Mine starting doing this - noises during the cast. I just broke mine down and the clutch cam plate is broken. The gears appear to be OK, but it was making grinding noises like the gears were slipping (I.e. Barely meshed/engaged). It appears one of the posts that guide the two springs broke off at the base. This sucks, as this was one of my favorite reels and I have a tournament this weekend.

It is part number 6H659101 'Clutch Cam Plate'. That appears to be the only part broken in the reel.

The spring guide posts on the plate seem to be made out of some plastic or composite material. They feel weak to begin with. Maybe it was a bad run of parts.

Oh well, I'm calling them when their office opens up (DAIWA North 'Murica).

http://www.daiwa.com/us/service/faq/index.html

I think I bought this reel from Tacklewarehouse.
    Sincerely,

Shawn Cartwright
    AKA "rabidsquirrel"

Check out my Bass Fishing Team's blog: http://cartwrightrealtyfishingteam.wordpress.com/

I called them and they sent out the replacement part free of charge. I swapped out the parts last night. Haven't had a chance to test it out much, but it does feel better and sounds good.
    Sincerely,

Shawn Cartwright
    AKA "rabidsquirrel"

Check out my Bass Fishing Team's blog: http://cartwrightrealtyfishingteam.wordpress.com/

The Tackle Trap is a BBC sponsor and an authorized Daiwa Warranty Repair Center. If your reel is less than a year old, it's still under factory warranty and we will be able to take care of any issues with your Daiwa reels - whether in or out of inventory.

Here is a link to The Tackle Trap Reel Service Page where you can click and print a simple form to send in with your reel. Call the shop at 256 281 6160 if you have any questions.