Kissimmee help needed for father/son

I'm a long time member of BBC but really haven't noticed these state boards before. I'm heading out next Friday to central Florida with my oldest son. This is kind of a special one on one trip that I'm going to take with each of them before they start high school. I've fished the big O several times but no expert. I've never been on Kissimmee at all. With that said, I've been reading things about spraying, chocolate milk water, etc... and it has me a little worried. I really want this to be a great trip for him, so I'm feeling the pressure to put him in a position to catch fish. i've been scouring the internet trying to find out what I can on current conditions, catches, etc... I haven't really found anything and what little I've seen has me concerned.

I'm locked in to where we are staying which is on the north end of the lake. With that said, I'm willing to drive if needed daily to put us in a better position. I guess what I'm asking is 2 things. First, knowing that we are staying on Kissimmee, my first plan would be to fish there. Any recent info on Kissimme conditions, catches, etc... would be fantastic.

2nd thing is if Kissimmee conditions are terrible, what is my best plan b within a reasonable distance. Crooked lake maybe? Maybe even a day at stick marsh. ?

thanks fellas

You should be fine in Kissimmee, Just keep an eye on the weather and be cognizant of the winds and wind direction. Get on Google Earth and have a look, there are many places that you can escape the winds. If you decide to try elsewhere be cognizant that The Stick Marsh is at the end of a very long dusty wash boarded road, your rig will be covered in dust. If you PM me, I can fill you in on baits etc.....

Spanky

3. Derek McCullough
    My son and I will be down at Camp Mack from Friday the 31st till Friday the 7th. We go every yeear and usually dedicate 3 or 4 days to Kissimmee and the rest on Stick Marsh, Fellsmere or Garcia. We have also fished crooked lake, Walk in Water and a couple others. This year we plan on trying to fish the river below the lake. Where are you staying?

4. Member
    Hi Derek. I'm staying at a house there at camp Mack somewhere myself I think over on Reese Dr. I'll be the one with the big red Lund Prov Bass with a 250 verado. When we get there depends on his baseball game on the 31st. If it is cancelled, I'm heading out that morning. If not, i won't get there until sometime on Saturday. I'll PM you my info if you don't mind. Be glad to share any successes we have with you and have another set of eyes on the lake.

We are staying there until the 6th and then we are driving up to crystal river for a couple days of guided saltwater fishing before heading home.

5. Member

Boat

This is the boat i'm bringing down. Probably the only Lund south of the KY border so should be easy to spot...

Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    Just a heads up because you mentioned fishing Crooked--the spray boats have been there for the last week-10 days--some parts of the grass on the lake are looking pretty sad and the grass lines have always been a good place to start there and most of them are dead or dying

7. Member
    Thanks for the heads up. Just knocked that one off the list of plan B's.

8. Member
    Kissimmee is getting low and yes water quality is poor due to spraying and heavy winds lately. Just don't set down too close to shore.

9. Member
    Kissimmee is supposedly fishing tough. If you want some good info on Kenansville or the stick marsh, pm me and I'll shoot you my number. I've never had a bad trip to the stick marsh and Kenansville, when it's on, can be crazy.