Exclamation 4 stoke, need to store dry. How

Merc. 60hp 2006 #1B269886

Renovating my boat. Need to take the motor off. I do store it wet in the winter for three months or so. I do use the 1 gallon mixture. By Don, but I also pull it out of the garage and run it on the muffs, once a month.

But this will be a long-term all summer project. What can I do to be able to store it dry where it's not going to dry out and hurt any of The fuel components. Thanks

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Wow, no I won't have any good suggestions. I won't be able to get it to the water for the rest of the summer. And I just don't want it to rest up.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

3. Member
    I'd just follow the same steps winterize same engine. If it works for a several month winter layup, it will work for a several month summer layup.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    I'd just follow the same steps winterize same engine. If it works for a several month winter layup, it will work for a several month summer layup.
    Well I've been just a winterizing for three months at most. With occasionally pulling it out and running it with the same 1 gallon concoction through it to warm it up. This is going to be put on a Motor stand for about seven or eight months. Thanks for your reply. Trying to get help around here anymore is like a act of Congress. Called mercury and got my answer from them thanks
    Last edited by gatorglenn; 03-23-2017 at 03:55 PM.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Mr. Glenn- I've been out for several days. Occasionally even I have to take a few days off.

No need for the "congress" comment... nobody said anything negative to you, and someone even tried to help. It's just plain rude.

Follow the same winterization steps. Run the engine on well-stabilized fuel, and either fog the engine or use 32:1 premix when you run it for layup.

Then plan to do your maintenance when you put it back in service. 7-8 months you'll be just fine... there are a lot of these engines in the US and Canada that spend at least that long parked/winterized.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Mr. Glenn- I've been out for several days. Occasionally even I have to take a few days off.

No need for the "congress" comment... nobody said anything negative to you, and someone even tried to help. It's just plain rude.

Follow the same winterization steps. Run the engine on well-stabilized fuel, and either fog the engine or use 32:1 premix when you run it for layup.

Then plan to do your maintenance when you put it back in service. 7-8 months you'll be just fine... there are a lot of these engines in the US and Canada that spend at least that long parked/winterized.
    PM sent

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor