small leak in wing master or tm gen II

2015 300xs serial 1E052541 bought in 2015 may have been made in 2014....

had lower unit service a few months back... and service motor also...motor has about 51 hours....running wing master / tm gen II with 1.75 gears...

there is about a small spoon full of oil on shop floor....motor is tilted up and looks like where the silver meets the black is where oil drip from..is this normal or should I go to the shop? this has never happened in the past...oil looks fresh and green blue in color.....I might be able to post pics if need be...need advice please...

2. Member
    Take it back......something IS wrong. The unit may have been overfilled, and the pressure could have pushed a seal out. Don't run it, until this problem is addressed.

3. Member
    pulled cowling off yesterday and check small oil tank on port side of motor no signs of oil leaking...also checked on starboard side of motor maybe it was a oil pump with several hoses and silver in color no oil leaks.....looked in bottom of pan no oil leaks.....so I removed prop and trimmed motor down with full negative trim let set for 24 hours and drained lower unit oil tonight...lower unit oil looks great and no signs of water no signs of metal......just trying to figure this out....well Savage looks like we are heading to dealer on Monday.....

Mine did something similar. Turned out to be the crankshaft seal.
    2021 Ranger Z519 Mercury 225 Pro XS Four Stroke

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    They will need to remove the gearcase and determine whether it's coming from the crankshaft seals or the gearcase (should be a G1-TM by serial number).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor