Question Need help updating my Onyx

downloaded files on mac, formatted SD card drag file and drop on card it transfers to car but when I put SD card in onyx it shows no software update?? using a a 4GB card? any help would be appreciated I've done all the previous updates with no problem? maybe i forgot a step?

2. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    It needs to be "unzipped" ~ the files must be decompressed to the card.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

You only need the first item on the list for the ONIX, IF you have software version 2.700.

READ the instructions for the download.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

how do I unzip them? there is no zipper symbol on them when I open the download? all black square files with the name of each under each file?the files are decompressed I just tried again and I copy and pasted it to SD card . Unit still will not recognize update? and yes I did READ instructions 3 times.
    Last edited by bass cowboy; 03-21-2017 at 10:07 PM.

5. Member
    Is your card formatted FAT32 ?
    Mac default is NOT FAT32 you have to change it

6. Member
    Move file to new folder. Then right click and hold, choose extract all then follow instructions.

7. Member
    I am having the same problem. I just did the 2.7 about a month ago but I can not get the 3.0 to load on the onix. Downloaded from hummingbird extracted the file I guess that is the same as unzip. It looks like 9 files most I don't need, is that the problem or could it be the format. I have been working on it most of the day The last time I had this problem with the 2.3 I had to buy a card from hummingbird for 40.00.

8. Member
    I think it could be my card the class I just noticed the class is 4 and you need at least 6.