3.0 Stock exhaust tuner

Has anyone here ever had their stock exhaust tuner carbon up? I have a 1995 mariner 3.0 225 hp that I've put new coils on, new reeds and now a new ecu. It runs pretty good but lacks rpm on wot. It's carbed and I have pulled the carbs off and cleaned them too. Serial#og258836
    24 pitch fury only getting around 52-5400 rpm at wot.

2. Member
    1000's of people have......

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    From the FAQ section at the top of the forum:

Poor Performance- 3L EFI or Optimax, PLUGGED EXHAUST TUNER

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Thanks

5. Member
    What does one look like from the bottom if it has a aftermarket tuner? I pulled my lower and got my light out to look and I didn't see any holes at all. Am I missing something?

6. Member
    95 gonna have early style tuner don't believe you can see holes on those
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    You will also have to pull the exhaust plate assembly to see all the holes after the power head is removed .

8. Member
    Don after you remove the gasket , what are the 2 slots cut on the surface after the holes on each side . What does they do ?
    when replacing gasket do you fill in with RTV are some thing ,are the gasket is just fine ?

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    NO sealant required for powerhead or adapter plate gaskets (providing surfaces are in good condition).

Not clear on the other question...

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor