ranger RT178 storage

Rt178 wet storage

The step storage (coming off the bow) on my rt178 allows water to get into it. Is there anyway to fix this?

2. Member
    Not too sure that is intended to be dry storage, no gaskets or liner. I use it for things that get wet - ropes, anchors, marker buoys, etc. Since it isn't water / air tight the compartment "breathes" and I have not had a mold issue with damp things going in there. I tend to let these items air dry during the day but they aren't bone dry when secured at the end of the day.

Dave
    2015 RT178 - 75HP Mercury Four Stroke

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwardmba View Post
    Not too sure that is intended to be dry storage, no gaskets or liner. I use it for things that get wet - ropes, anchors, marker buoys, etc. Since it isn't water / air tight the compartment "breathes" and I have not had a mold issue with damp things going in there. I tend to let these items air dry during the day but they aren't bone dry when secured at the end of the day.

Dave
    Anything I leave in the compartment molds. I end up having to put something in the compartment to hold it up to dry it out. If I don't, it doesn't dry out

4. Member
    My boat sits outside with the cover on in humid Florida. I have a small 8" fan sitting on the floor under the console running 24/7. No mold yet. I use the step storage for my ropes, seat posts, sun screen and crap like that.
    2016 Ranger RT178 white
    75 4S Merc, VesselView Mobile
    Simrad Go7, Baystar hydro, SpitFire X7 17p

5. Member

Water also gets into my step storage. Anything I don't want to get wet I put in a ziplock bag or in a small toolbox inside the step storage.