Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar

Lightbulb Stockton Lake in the Fall - AND a RADICAL IDEA

How about Mt. Carmel Inn and say Oct 21? I stayed there last Spring and the rooms looked to be freshly remodeled. Sound reasonable?

Ok that isn't radical, but how about this?

LOZ and Truman have not drawn a lot of boats. LOZ has poor parking at the hotels, huge boats that make is bothersome to many. Truman also is known as a LU destroyer and often fishes tough.

We have no lakes that are friendly to our more northern folk. What do you think about switching the 2 out adding a southern lake and a northern lake? The northern lake which I have never fished is bragged on by many and is actually multiple lakes connected with rocks and clear water, docks, weeds, and stained water with LM. The southern add is near BCB, Legend, and Ranger. Thoughts?

Fall '17 Stockton Oct 21 - Mt Carmel Inn
    Spring '18 Grand
    Fall '18 Okoboji, IA
    Spring '19 Beaver
    Fall '19 Pomme
    Spring '20 Table Rock
    Fall '20 Norfork, AR
    Spring '21 Bull Shoals

Looks crazy to talk that far out but we'd have 3 in Missouri, 3 in Arkansas, 1 in Iowa, 1 in Oklahoma. Thoughts?

2. Member
    As we discussed, I think it sounds great! That makes it more fair for the northern drivers and gives us some new places to try. We also dump my least two favorite lakes!

2002 Ranger 175VS - Mercury 125
    2006 Ranger Z20 - Mercury 225
    2008 Ranger TR-177 - Mercury 115
    1987 Ranger 350V - Mercury 150
    2010 Ranger Z521 - Mercury 250
    2012 Ranger Z518 - Mercury 200
    2015 Ranger Z521C - Mercury 250 ProXS
    1993 Ranger 481V - Mercury 175 ProXS
    2018 Ranger Z519 - Mercury 225 ProXS
    2020 Ranger RB190 - Mercury 115 ProXS

3. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm good with it , Maybe we can pick up a few more from the North and a few more from down South.. We'll have a Good time no matter where we go.. I'm with Chris on the Dump

5. BBC SPONSOR Pro's Choice Pete's Avatar
    I like it! And I know Wyatt would love to go try out Okoboji!
    Pro's Choice Marine's Facebook Page
    Pete's Ranger Channel
    Click on the banner to check out our website!

Sounds like a good plan, I'm with Melvin on good time no matter where we go

7. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro's Choice Pete View Post
    I like it! And I know Wyatt would love to go try out Okoboji!
    bojio is my favorite lake! You can fish west okoboji which is very clear with grass, and docks for big smallmouth and largemouth or motor over into east bojio and three smaller lakes for stained water with grass and docks and big largemouth. Biggest largemouth I caught was 6lbs and smallmouth just shy of that. Leave your megabass baits at home because there are big musky and pike as well

Hell I'm Game for that!
    Cheaper to keep a kid in tourney fishing than paying attorneys to keep them out of jail !!

Musky and pike

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    How about Mt. Carmel Inn and say Oct 21? I stayed there last Spring and the rooms looked to be freshly remodeled. Sound reasonable?

Ok that isn't radical, but how about this?

LOZ and Truman have not drawn a lot of boats. LOZ has poor parking at the hotels, huge boats that make is bothersome to many. Truman also is known as a LU destroyer and often fishes tough.

We have no lakes that are friendly to our more northern folk. What do you think about switching the 2 out adding a southern lake and a northern lake? The northern lake which I have never fished is bragged on by many and is actually multiple lakes connected with rocks and clear water, docks, weeds, and stained water with LM. The southern add is near BCB, Legend, and Ranger. Thoughts?

Fall '17 Stockton Oct 21 - Mt Carmel Inn
    Spring '18 Grand
    Fall '18 Okoboji, IA
    Spring '19 Beaver
    Fall '19 Pomme
    Spring '20 Table Rock
    Fall '20 Norfork, AR
    Spring '21 Bull Shoals

Looks crazy to talk that far out but we'd have 3 in Missouri, 3 in Arkansas, 1 in Iowa, 1 in Oklahoma. Thoughts?
    Spirit Lake in Iowa is a hell of a brown bass lake. Or even the Mississippi River. Oh wait, Pete just got all of his Crappie scratches repaired and the River has sand bars and wing dams to contend with. It's a Smallmouth shootout in the Fall though. Bucket of plastic frogs and a few jigs and hang on.
    2015 Ranger Z118C w/150 Mercury 4s

11. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Let the good times roll ! In other words sounds good to me.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

Sounds great, sounds like some good options, except for the lake I can't spell or pronounce, and if it isn't another Truman where I'll have to do boat repair after, I'm good with that

Not a fan of dumping LOZ. Arguably the best bass fishery in the state. Just put out a 31 lb bag with No A-Rig allowed. Big boats are typically not an issue in spring and there are other places to go other than Alhonna.
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure

Quote Originally Posted by dchance View Post
    Not a fan of dumping LOZ. Arguably the best bass fishery in the state. Just put out a 31 lb bag with No A-Rig allowed. Big boats are typically not an issue in spring and there are other places to go other than Alhonna.

15. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Our last 2 trips to LOZ had 10 & 8 boats. It is on the fall rotation.

Our only weak Spring lake is Beaver, so there is the potential for replacing/losing it as well. Our most attended lakes are Table Rock, Grand, and Bull shoals. I think both Okoboji and Norfork can draw similar attendance as the big 3. If lakes show as unpopular going forward we may drop them and hit the popular ones more often. These are just my thoughts. IMO we should be drawing close to 20 boats or more for every rally. If we aren't then the lake shouldn't be on the list and/or I'm doing a crappy job. I enjoy the rallies a lot, but for the time everyone spends setting them up, taking vacation time, and especially for the sponsors $$ we need to always have decent attendance. I'm just one guy, so these are just my thoughts.

I posted this to spur discussion.
    Last edited by rudapa; 03-22-2017 at 02:09 PM.

16. Member
    I know I haven't made it to a rally, but we really want to. So I did a mapquest to Okoboji, IA. and it's over 7 hours from N.E. MO. I'm not a huge LOZ fan, but it is closer. Our club went to LOZ a few years back and stayed at Lakeview Resort (I think that was the name of it) and it was right next to Shawnee Bend Boat ramp, mile marker 11. It was pretty nice and you could just sit in your boat while your partner pulled you up to the room!
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

17. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    One other thought on adding 1 northern lake is to give all of the people in the Northern tier of the Midwest a good option. 7 South 1 North. I just rolled 7.5 hours to Bull Shoals. Just saying. :-)

18. Member
    I am all in for the lake changes. It might help getting some more members involved as well!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    2006 Ranger 521 svx
    2006 Evinrude Etec E225DHLSDF #05135216

(Dads)
    1995 Champion 202
    1997 Johnson Venom 200STLEUB SN# G04338914 Built 4/97

North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border
    You'll only fish Norfork once after you find out there is NO fish here, no motels and no restaurants also are worth mentioning........go to Mississippi River

20. Skeeter Boats/Missouri Club Moderator Rodney Bledsoe's Avatar
    Mozingo?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast