Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d'Wayne View Post
    Isn't fall on Mark Twain kind of iffy for water level? It was just a river the one time I had to fish it in fall.
    I LOVE to fish Twain when it's LOW. Next choice would be when it's at least 10 feet high. Normal pool is the hardest.

North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkyarcher View Post
    Shoot Clyde, pick a weekend and some of us will come up and fish Mark Twain with you.
    Gene, you can fish with Clyde, I'll fish with Cheryl, maybe she can teach me a thing or two.......

Well I'm at least 10 hours from Stockton and about 5 from Boji in Iowa. You need to think about Sturgeon Bay for a fall "Northern" rally. Smally's that can push 8 pounds. Not sure why Wisconsin or Illinois are not ever mentioned? Some pretty good water in those parts, and we are considered "Midwest". Some big bags out of LaCrosse WI on the Mississippi. Rend in Southern Illinois has been a decent lake too. Just curious why these states are never thought of.
    "Cast Everything in the Best Light Possible"

4. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    We talked about Rend some. That's why we were looking at MS River Pool 19. There is no doubt that a Rainy Lake, Lacrosse, Sturgeon bay, Mille Lacs, etc. would be awesome. Currently most of our participants are centrally located around southern MO.

Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    We talked about Rend some. That's why we were looking at MS River Pool 19. There is no doubt that a Rainy Lake, Lacrosse, Sturgeon bay, Mille Lacs, etc. would be awesome. Currently most of our participants are centrally located around southern MO.
    I get that! It does handicap us Northern guys a bit. I'm willing to make the trip though and enjoy the comradery. It's been a lot of years since I have been on Stockton, but should be fun. Plus bonding time with my son never hurts either! Boji will be on next falls calendar as well. Much closer to home.
    "Cast Everything in the Best Light Possible"

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Sign me up!
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

Okoboji is solid as anyone from Nebraska or Iowa can attest to... I've not been to a rally yet, but plan on it, which is why I'm here looking...
    Heartland of America
    2000 Ranger 520dvx
    2000 Mercury Optimax 225 - 0T136160
    --
    1997 Charger 395TF
    1997 Evinrude Vindicator 200 - G04296981 (E200STLEUB)

8. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Good deal Sean!

#4003-23-2017,*05:13 AM

*Originally Posted by*ksfshnfool*
    There are guys that drive a long ways for every rally, I think a northern lake or two in the rotation just makes sense.

I can agree to this as we drove from Ohio one year, and will be driving to another from AZ so I dont want to hear about a 7hr drive being long..
    Www.thkustoms.com

"Speak softly and carry a Big Stick!"-Theodore Roosevelt
    USN 2002-2008
    NAS Whidbey Island
    USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71)
    Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation Enduring Freedom

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789