Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    If big boats are the issue at LOZ, relocate to the Nianguas. not as bad as by alhonna and the dam area.
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure

Quote Originally Posted by PII Magnum View Post
    As for LOZ I'm not fishing it in spring or fall.
    ^^^^^^^^ i'm riding with Him

Quote Originally Posted by PII Magnum View Post
    I rather fish the 21 but I game for either one. As for LOZ I'm not fishing it in spring or fall.
    What's wrong with LOZ?

Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    Alf I actually agree with you WHAT WHAT did I say??? LOZ in mid March would be fine. So you'd replace Beaver with LOZ? I like LOZ but it doesn't draw many folks. I don't have the numbers from the last one we had in the Spring, but it was in April or even early May and the big boats wore us out. The one before that was in March and there were 3 fish over 6 lbs caught and I think Rodney had one right at 7 lbs. But, would moving LOZ with poor fall turn out to the Spring increase the turn out or would it just get poor turn out in the Spring? I'm skeptical if it would get more people to show. I didn't put it on the cut list because I don't like it. I do like it!

Beaver Lake drew 14 boats the last time. So not too bad, but nothing like Bull (28 & 30 boats) Table Rock (29 & 20 boats, Rally IV had 24 boats) Grand (18 (ice bowl), 21, and I remember 27 boats for Rally V) Stockton pulled 21 boats the last time, Pomme only drew 13 and 10 for the 2 there.

So for organizing purposes Truman, LOZ, and then Pomme are the toughest to get people to attend. Like I said in previous posts, I think all the lakes we hit should be popular and people should want to attend. Okoboji would get one shot to show it will draw the numbers to keep it on the list. I think our southern regulars will give it a shot and then if we draw 10 "new" Northern boats a few will potentially stay with us and migrate south for other rallies. If Norfork draws like Bull then it'll be a winner.

Attendance speaks volumes. I wish I had attendance numbers for all the rallies for comparison. The early organizers didn't keep that data.
    I guess I just see 4 very similar lakes that are in close proximity to one another. Illinois is a state that has decent lakes and might draw more boats. I was just thinking outside the box. I planning on being at at least one rally every year.

I've done forgot, or was the date ever decided for Stockton, those other lakes and dates are too far away to worry about right now, need to get my days off scheduled, towards end of year can be hard sometimes, so what is the final decision?

6. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    We'll have the date ironed out by tomorrow OK?

I looked at Rend, but that isn't great I was told. What Illinois lake were you thinking? I thought my radical changes were "outside the box" - No?

I wouldn't say radical but I like what you are trying to do. I have always heard good things about rend. How about Dardanelle? I look at Bull and Norfolk as very similar and very close to the other. Turn out will be good but your almost fishing the same lake twice.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ALF1 View Post
    What's wrong with LOZ?
    Low attendance is the main problem...I assume that's because of the big boat traffic or the thought of it?

I guess I just see 4 very similar lakes that are in close proximity to one another. Illinois is a state that has decent lakes and might draw more boats. I was just thinking outside the box. I planning on being at at least one rally every year.
    Kinkaid would be a nice lake, but it's only 2K acres. Has grass, rock, musky...that's another 7 hour drive for the KS/NB guys too.

2002 Ranger 175VS - Mercury 125
    2006 Ranger Z20 - Mercury 225
    2008 Ranger TR-177 - Mercury 115
    1987 Ranger 350V - Mercury 150
    2010 Ranger Z521 - Mercury 250
    2012 Ranger Z518 - Mercury 200
    2015 Ranger Z521C - Mercury 250 ProXS
    1993 Ranger 481V - Mercury 175 ProXS
    2018 Ranger Z519 - Mercury 225 ProXS
    2020 Ranger RB190 - Mercury 115 ProXS

Id bet spring on LOZ would draw double the boats vs doing it in the fall.

10. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    A Dardanelle Arkansas rally was tried by Mark Clairaday and if I remember right they couldn't find a place that had openings for reservations. They ended up moving the rally north. I've never fished Norfork, Okoboji, Dardenelle, or Rend. I picked Norfork because people have mentioned how good it is, but mainly because of how good Bull Shoals draws and it is close to Bass Cat Boats, Legend, and Ranger who all take good care of us. I've heard nothing but good things about Okoboji so I chose that over the Mississippi river. When you say "river" people get nervous and nervous people don't register. :-)

North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    A Dardanelle Arkansas rally was tried by Mark Clairaday and if I remember right they couldn't find a place that had openings for reservations. They ended up moving the rally north. I've never fished Norfork, Okoboji, Dardenelle, or Rend. I picked Norfork because people have mentioned how good it is, but mainly because of how good Bull Shoals draws and it is close to Bass Cat Boats, Legend, and Ranger who all take good care of us. I've heard nothing but good things about Okoboji so I chose that over the Mississippi river. When you say "river" people get nervous and nervous people don't register. :-)
    You would be surprised how many river fishermen there are, you just have to pick a pool that people like to fish, Pool 13 and 19 are two that the Illinois Federation are pretty proud of and 19 is great, might be too far to travel for some of us but you would get some of those guys that don't want to drive south, anyway, it was just a suggestion. If anyone said Bull Shoals and Norfork fish the same, they probably don't live here, you can catch fish on Bull Shoals, not so much on Norfork. If you want a bunch of zeros at weigh-in, come to Norfork. I have fished Rend a lot and it is good but most of it is unfishable without a jon boat, it's like Truman, will tear up a nice boat, and the good end is too small if there are other derbies on the same day.There is just no perfect storm, good luck with your search.

12. Member
    This is why you're our fearless leader, Russ! I wish somebody would take the reins and have "non-sponsored" rallies more than twice a year, like a club, for all of us. I don't fish tournaments unless they're the BBC rallies so it would be fun to all get together more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Ka'King View Post
    This is why you're our fearless leader, Russ! I wish somebody would take the reins and have "non-sponsored" rallies more than twice a year, like a club, for all of us. I don't fish tournaments unless they're the BBC rallies so it would be fun to all get together more often.
    Non entry friendly T's would be a blast. More of a hang out and fish if you want.

14. Member
    Non entry friendly T's would be a blast. More of a hang out and fish if you want.
    I'm in if it happens! Nothing too demanding on everybody's schedule, just a few more a year and something to look forward to.

15. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka'King View Post
    I'm in if it happens! Nothing too demanding on everybody's schedule, just a few more a year and something to look forward to.
    Sounds good to me, when would be a good time ?
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

I be game for that
    Cheaper to keep a kid in tourney fishing than paying attorneys to keep them out of jail !!

Let's keep the entry fees, but use them for the meal, I don't think anyone is fishing these for money, but we could lower entry fees maybe, and use that money for extra meal, I think everyone loves sponsors giveaways, at least I would if I ever won anything, but it's the get together I really think everyone enjoys, but if they were too often, not sure how many of us could afford it, plus us working guys have s limited numbers of days to take, but I'm all in for this radical idea

North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTriton View Post
    Let's keep the entry fees, but use them for the meal, I don't think anyone is fishing these for money, but we could lower entry fees maybe, and use that money for extra meal, I think everyone loves sponsors giveaways, at least I would if I ever won anything, but it's the get together I really think everyone enjoys, but if they were too often, not sure how many of us could afford it, plus us working guys have s limited numbers of days to take, but I'm all in for this radical idea
    Quit your whining about days off, just retire and you can have a lot of days off......what are you waiting for?

19. Skeeter Boats/Missouri Club Moderator Rodney Bledsoe's Avatar
    21st works best for me

Quote Originally Posted by rangerbobber View Post
    Quit your whining about days off, just retire and you can have a lot of days off......what are you waiting for?
    i may be an old whippersnapper, but I'm not old enough by government standards to draw any money, and without money, thing go south real fast, Fishin ain't cheap, gotta have more lures than next guy, I'm hoping Wyatt puts out some training videos before next rally, maybe Chris can follow him around with his drone and we can figure out his secrets

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast