2017 FX Middle Seat Cooler on a 2016 FX

For those that were wondering, this fit nicely on my 2016 FX21.

2. Member
    Looks good man, going to do the same. Any modifications needed? What the middle seat cost you?

3. Member
    Interested. Following
    YJHAMMER 11
    Hollywood MD
    2019 Skeeter FX21LE

I'm interested also and what dealer did you order it from?

5. Member
    It is very simple. Take the 7 screws out from the rim on the old cooler lid. Two screws in the front are directly screwed into the fiberglass, the remaining 5 are screws have lock nuts on the back, remove all of them. The original lid can now be removed. The new lid assembly simply sets in place like the old one. Mark the new hole locations, drill and reuse the screw and nuts from the old one. The cup holder portion is actually a separate part, the slides into the front of lid and is screwed into the rim of the lid.

I paid $200.00 from a local dealer here Michigan. My dealer is not actually a skeeter dealer, but they can get parts directly from Skeeter. Wonderland Marine is the name of the dealer.

Should fit a 14 FX 21 too Id think. I like that.

This is interesting since there was alot of hype about getting one of these for older FX's and ZX's. Several tried too get one and Skeeter said no. Only if you provide your hin# to your 2017 fx and must return the broken one as well that your replacing.

QUOTE=Tamale;7798735]So has anyone been able to order one the middle seats? My dealer said they were able to add it to an older boat and it fit perfectly, however the customer had the center seat already (dont know how he got it) and the dealer said when he tried to get a middle seat from Skeeter they wanted a VIN and to send the defective old seat back.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by skeeter_tzx; 03-22-2017 at 12:38 PM.

8. Member
    Yes, I read the earlier thread and saw those posts.

My dealer called and sent a picture along with the part number of what I wanted and he got it in about 4 days. It seems like who the dealer ends up talking to at Skeeter will dictate the outcome of what you are after.

9. Member
    Can it fit a 2012 fx20?!!! Why wouldn’t it?