Anybody catching bass yet?

I mainly fish pool 12 of the Mississippi river and have been out a few times but nothing, anybody have any luck catching bass around this time?
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

2. Banned
    It's been really tough over here in the southwest part of the state. I've been out 6 times and blanked 4 times. Hopefully it starts to pick up with stable weather.

3. Member
    Fish a keitech 4.5 or 4.8 in the wintering areas or known productive pad stem fields as slow as you possibly can on 12 this time of year. South end of 11 should be fairly productive doing the same thing but I've only been out on 12 so far this year. You'll get some pretty big ones if you know where to look. It's going to be tough to want to get out the next couple weeks /w all the rain we have forcasted.

4. Member
    Thanks guys! Iabass8, I will give that I try on the south end of 11. I have never been down south enough on pool 12 to see any lily pads.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

5. Member
    Last edited by iabass8; 03-23-2017 at 12:21 PM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kercha83 View Post
    Thanks guys! Iabass8, I will give that I try on the south end of 11. I have never been down south enough on pool 12 to see any lily pads.
    Best fishing of the pool 12 is the south end. I do like mid pool a lot in all my fish over 5 pounds have been in the mid pool area in certain spots. Numbers though the south end is probably the best. South of Deadmans is good. If you go out on the south end of 11, right underneath the Trainbridge on the Wisconsin side in the platte near that big rock things will get you fish this time of year. If you're staying close in Iowa and putting in at mud Lake, up in the lake in the deeper dredge holes Will also hold fish this time of year till the spawn. I've had really good luck in that marina on jerk baits at times as well.

7. Member
    Yep, they're chewin. Pool 14, 55 degree water.

8. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Took 27lbs to win at lake Anita with a 9.13lb big bass! Amazing for such a small lake

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Jim View Post
    Took 27lbs to win at lake Anita with a 9.13lb big bass! Amazing for such a small lake
    Hey, that was my partner and I
    '10 BCB Pantera II -- 200 proXS

10. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Heard it was you, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Jim View Post
    WOW! That's a crazy bag and one hell of a pig!

I thought I was doing well fun fishing with an 18 pound bag on Saturday. You blew the doors off. You got any pics?

12. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Man, Iowa is producing some pigs! An open at 12 mile took 20lbs to win and big bass was an 8 plus! We caught 30 bass at green valley yesterday

13. Member
    I am new to pool 13 and looking for any good suggestions . I hear spring lake a lot but not sure . I've been up on the north end just lookin but haven't tried anything yet . Did some good at millers landing last year . But mostly been on small lakes in mid Illinois but I recently moved close to the mighty Mississippi and wanna learn it . I have a small aluminum bass boat so I can get back in the sloughs so any advise would be greatly appreciated . Thanks and Good fishin to all !