Question No Lights on Triton Trailer

I have a situation I am not sure how to handle.

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer. It has a tow package and a 7 prong plug. I never had any issue with it over the years.

I have a 2000 Triton. The trailer lights all worked when it was towed to my location (when my ford was having a re-manufactured transmission installed).

Today I went to hook up my trailer to take my boat out. None of the lights worked at all. When my bro in law hooks my trailer to his truck, all the lights work. Hook it up to mine, again no lights.

I checked my manual for my truck and i checked the 3 towing associated fuses under the hood. They all seemed to be good. (my eyesight sucks so I ran continuity checks on them and my meter showed continuity on all 3 fuses - im guessing thats what should be... I assume a burnt fuse would be open and no continuity would show. right?)

Now I am left scratching my head. My tow package was factory installed and when I look under my truck.. all looks fine.. as far as I can tell.. for whatevr that is worth... I tried to check the voltage to all the pins in the 7 prong female on the back of my truck but I dont know what I should be seeing from all of them...

Can any one help me with this please?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    My bet is something didn't get hooked back up when the put it back together
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

I did a little video quite a while back on testing trailer wiring that might help you.

Here's the pin out on your 7 connector plug and receptacle

Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    This is great! Thank you Larry! :)