Quote Originally Posted by K.D. View Post
I'm with the OP and keep my boat in a public type storage facility with no power. It's convenient to me in that it is a mile from home. But I also don't like bringing the boat home before or after each trip to charge.

Im more than willing to try one of these systems but in my research I find posts going back over 10 years ago on various forums. My question is that if this is really the no brainer it seems to be, why aren't all new boats rigged with this technology? Why would my new 2017 Skeeter have an onboard ac charger that is bulkier, heavier and more expensive than one of these units?
Most new boats aren't rigged with A/C chargers. A lot of bass boats are because it's a feature those guys demand. These DC systems will most likely not bring your batteries to 100%. But they will keep it operating well for a few days if you have a decent amount of run time. If your lake is small and you only put 5 miles on the big engine in a day this will not work for you. If you have decent runs throughout the day it will keep you working well. You will still need to plug in your A/C charger after a few fishing days to get back up to 100% and insure the life of your batteries. These were designed for a long weekend fishing so you didn't have to plug in every night. They work well for that and to keep your TM from slowing down throughout the day. You do need some time on the engine to charge, but it isn't 8 hours like some of these guys say.

If I had a remote storage without power, I would buy a 50 watt solar panel and solar controller and rig it to charge my batteries while I wasn't there. On a good day you would get 3-4 amps out of it and it would keep you charged up between fishing days.