fastest electric turning terrova, ulterra, or ultrex

When NOT using the pedal, just when using the wireless controller, which of the these turns(steering rotation) fastest and quietest in electric only steering??

terrova -
    From website:
    Quieter Steering motor - Terrova has been completely redesigned and engineered to run quieter than ever before. So fish won’t be spooked...but you might be.

Ultrex
    new

Ulterra
    same as old terrova? or is the new ulterra faster and quieter?
    Last edited by joebassletter; 03-21-2017 at 02:44 PM.

2. Member
    I can only speak for the Ultrex. If the others turn faster that, you better be holding on! There is no delay at all.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    That's cool. I suppose there is a limit to how fast is useful. But how quiet it is matters too.

Quote Originally Posted by joebassletter View Post
    That's cool. I suppose there is a limit to how fast is useful. But how quiet it is matters too.
    Ultrex is Way quieter than a Terrova.... cant speak on the Ulterra. Ultrex is light years faster than the terrova. Terrova is not even in the same league with the Ultrex.

Crappie fish fry. It don't taste any better.

5. Member
    I switched from Terrova to Ultrex. With pedal the Ultrex is much faster. By remote they seem to turn close to the same speed
    2017 Skeeter ZX 250

6. Member
    Thanks all. Just wanted to see if the answers you gave were given knowing that the Terrova 2017 bluetooth model has a new "quieter"/faster steering motor for this years model.

7. Member
    I went to a boat show and tried all 3 side by side on display. The ultrex seems quietest steering with the foot pedal, the ulterra seems in the middle, and the newly redesigned terrova still seems just a fraction louder than the other two. I was surprised by this because minnkota's website says the terrova's steering motor was redesigned quieter this year... and it is quieter, but it is interesting the that ulterra I tried was still a pinch quieter steering. Maybe because the ulterra had a quieter steering motor from the beginning and terrova was due for an upgrade in the steering motor. That theory was suggested to me by two people at the show, so there might be something to it. I didn't get a chance to compare the noisiness/quietness of the ultrex when steering with the remote control... that would probably be slightly louder than steering with the pedal..

oh, and for turning speed by pedal, ultrex is almost too fast, kinda freaky. The ulterra and terrova are still comparable. Couldn't test steering speed on the ultrex with a hand control, other have said it is on par with the ulterra/terrova.

Is the Ulterra's turning speed comparable to the Motorguide Xi5?