Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    What prop came with the motor? I am looking hard at these.

2. Member
    If you go with the stainless prop, it's the 23 pitch tempest

3. Member
    Very nice boat for sure. I am planning to purchase one in the very near future. I have a question for you guys though. I have looked at all of the options on the trailers and at multiple pics of different rigs. I have not seen anything about a tandem axle trailer. Is that not an option from Ranger?

4. Member
    What did you mean about flipping rod box pistons..I have a 198 being delivered in 2 weeks. What's the problem with them ?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baitslinger View Post
    Very nice boat for sure. I am planning to purchase one in the very near future. I have a question for you guys though. I have looked at all of the options on the trailers and at multiple pics of different rigs. I have not seen anything about a tandem axle trailer. Is that not an option from Ranger?
    Single axle with hydraulic surge brakes only to my knowledge. No need for a double axle anyway.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seabass81 View Post
    What did you mean about flipping rod box pistons..I have a 198 being delivered in 2 weeks. What's the problem with them ?
    Whoever installs them at ranger is installing them wrong. 100% of the boats i have looked at have them installed wrong. The shaft should be facing down, all I have seen including my boat were facing up. this causes the door to slam open.

Quote Originally Posted by bamaman84 View Post
    Whoever installs them at ranger is installing them wrong. 100% of the boats i have looked at have them installed wrong. The shaft should be facing down, all I have seen including my boat were facing up. this causes the door to slam open.
    Yep. Our RT188 were also installed upside down. Very easy to swap around and makes a HUGE difference in how they operate.

2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bamaman84 View Post
    Single axle with hydraulic surge brakes only to my knowledge. No need for a double axle anyway.
    Thanks bamaman84 for the response. I just prefer the look of the tandem trailer.

Very nice rig!!! Enjoy the big brother to the RT188....
    2016 Ranger RT188
    115 Yamaha SHO

"Well done is better than well said"- Benjamin Franklin

10. Member
    Good luck with your new rig. I just picked up my new 198 with a 150 Evinrude HO. I have not even got it registered as yet. Be sure to check your box lid pistons mine are installed upside down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12