bass Cat order process

Ordered a Caracal 2 weeks ago. I was wondering what I can expect as far as communication from Bass Cat as they are processing my order and during production of the boat. Such as: Will I get an order confirmation email, confirming my selections? Will I get production updates/photos? Will they tell me delivery time frame?

2. Member
    Or do I have to go through my dealer to get this type of info about my order? My dealer is a new Bass Cat dealer and I was their first customer to buy a 'Cat from them so I'm not sure they even know what to expect.

I'm a little nervous about this boat ordering process based on my last experience, you may have read my previous thread about it, but I ordered a different brand(aluminum) and somehow my order got lost/forgotten, only to find out 4 1/2 months after my order they didn't even start building my boat yet. So I cancelled and ordered a Caracal. So any updates from Bass Cat would give me some assurance things are moving along.

3. Member
    I think you will need to go through you dealer to get your order status. I do know that you are going to love that Caracal. Mine is awesome!

4. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    BR400 is right on a couple of things. You will have to get info from your dealer. Most likely you'll have to ask your dealer to check on the build process. He's also right in that you will love that Caracal, once its done in 8 or 10 weeks.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

5. Member
    And once you get a serial #, you can go online and see pics of your boat as it was being built !!!! It's awesome !!!!
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

6. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Those boats put on the BassCats by Serial Number aren't usually put on there, until they are done. At least that's what I've been told.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    Those boats put on the BassCats by Serial Number aren't usually put on there, until they are done. At least that's what I've been told.
    correct

8. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    If memory serves me correctly, my dealer contacted me right around the 6 or 7 week mark and let me know that Bass Cat was finishing my boat and it would ship in the next few days. That was in the fall of 2014.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

They don't really communicate much information on the construction process. They will sometimes provide a picture to your dealer upon request during the process. The continued communication on 15-20 boats and trailers in production ,on a regular basis, would be a lengthy task for someone.

10. Member
    So just out of curiosity, how long does it actually take to build a boat and trailer? I know it's 6-8 weeks from the date ordered, but some of that time is waiting for other boats to be finished before beginning the actual build.

No, they move stations every day. The time from start to finish is about 10 days.